What's On Your iPod Today?

EL34

Mar 12, 2005
What are you listening to on or off the bike today on your iPod or other personal music device?

Myself:

Goverment Mule - Deja Voodoo (best guitar rock band you've never heard of)
Beck - Guero (his best new album in years)
Moby - Hotel (relaxing ethereal chill and uncatagorizable pop)

I never listen to anything while riding except cars and rode noise. (too unsafe)
Off the bike:

Spend a night in the box.
It's Martini time. The Reverand Horton Heat

Wagner Overtures and Preludes. Otto Klemperer Conductor (yup that's Colonel Klink's father)

Off the bike:

Doves - Some Cities
Brave Captain - All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace
Neko Case - Blacklisted
Ellen Allien - Remix Collection

On the bike:

My heart racing...

I love playing the iPod on a ride. I keep it nice and low however so I have have lots of interaction still with noise around me and cars on the road.

Today:
- Gotan Project

Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over the Sea
Rufus Wainwright - Want One & Two
The Thrills - Let's Bottle Bohemia
The Pixies - Coachella 2004

I mostly listen to metal

Blind Guardian - A night at the Opera
Death - Symbolic
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual black dimensions
Rhapsody - Symphony of enchanted lands II

Just saw a band called Nightwish, who are awesome. Going to see Megadeth in a couple of weeks.

I listen to music while riding. I've found that it cuts out wind noise and providing the music's at a soft volume I can actually hear traffic from behind a little better. I ride on country roads though, I wouldn't do it in the city.

I listen to my iPod at work. I am listening to the latest music I have put on it, which inludes:
M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us
Prefuse 73 - Surrounded By Silence
Queens Of The Stone Age - Lullabies To Paralyze
M.I.A. - Arular
Low - The Great Destroyer
Kings Of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
Black Mountain - Black Mountain
Antony & The Johnsons - I am a bird Now

Bikelux said:
I mostly listen to metal

Blind Guardian - A night at the Opera
Death - Symbolic
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual black dimensions
Rhapsody - Symphony of enchanted lands II

Just saw a band called Nightwish, who are awesome. Going to see Megadeth in a couple of weeks.

I listen to music while riding. I've found that it cuts out wind noise and providing the music's at a soft volume I can actually hear traffic from behind a little better. I ride on country roads though, I wouldn't do it in the city.
Cool stuff. I am also a metalhead. I know your pain.

Listened to all of Nevermore's catalogue on the trainer today. Tomorrow perhaps Altered Aeon or Darkane. Ya never know.

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I know it is unsafe to have any kind of headphones on your ears while riding, but safety, shmsafety! it is hard to resist:

Last time on the ipod while riding:
- Hans Zimmer: Days of Thunder
- John Williams: SW Empire Strikes Back
- Mozart: Piano Concertos

I do try to have just one earphone plugged though, usually the one that faces the sidewalk!

Catabolic Jones said:
Cool stuff. I am also a metalhead. I know your pain.

Listened to all of Nevermore's catalogue on the trainer today. Tomorrow perhaps Altered Aeon or Darkane. Ya never know.

yeah i am a huge metalhead myself,
it pretty wierd at times, there will be me-lean, tanned, shaved legs and then theres my mates-all black, long hair, unapproachable to the most people.
i dont mind spiratual black dimensions-the recording quality just gets to me, but too bad quality recording. i love dimmu borgir but i like tother albums better. heres a list of bands ive got or have borrowed from my mates

insomium, fintroll, ill disposed, bleeding through, cannibal corpse, carcass, opeth, berzerker, defleshed, damaged, deicide, meshuggah, arch enemy, nile, gorgoroth, slayer, sepultura, the red chord, dillenger escape plan, crytopsy, in flames, kakatonia, dark tranquiltiy, behemoth, children of bodom, Morbid Angel, God dethroned, Therion, hate eternal, dimmu borgir, funeral mist, ragnorok, dark funeral, destroyer 666, blood bath, skinless, vermin, vennom, pungent stench, mayhem, immortal, emperor, burzum, sinergy, 6 feet under, Psycroptic, grindflesh, celtic frost, death, godflesh,cancer, brutal truth, coven, atrohpy, immolation, malevolent creation, rigor mortis, gorefest, disgorge, oppressor, obituary, pantera, mortician, grave,mangled, exhumed, kalmah, insision, psychotogen, from these wounds, kill switch engage, lake of tears, vader, bathory, cradle of filth, hectate enthorned, murduk, mudvayne, lamb of god, devil driver, solefald, Uzeb, ataraxia, darkthrone, enslaved, ulver, at the gates, dismember, amon amarth, dissection, coroner, merauder, canivore,arcturus, kovenant,amorphis, entombed, darkane, sacramentum, soilwork, judas iscariot, devolved, beijing tank (local brisbane metal), fear factory, krision, my dying bride, dodheimesgard, bilshirnir, kult ov azazel, morgana leafy, eyehategod, armoured saint, strapping young lad, burnt by the sun, solefad, old mans child, zyklon, myrkskog, limbronic art, thorn, gehena, satyricon, suffocation, dawn of relic, december wolves, monstrosity, divine empire

Just recently got my iPod, but lately it's been playing Non Phixion: The Future is Now, The Buddha-Bar series, some Rage Against the Machine, E-40, and a few others.

Greeen Day "Holiday" -seems to make a good carfee anthem, plus it's so catchy it tends to get stuck in my head
The Ramones

fatbottomedgirl said:
Greeen Day "Holiday" -seems to make a good carfee anthem, plus it's so catchy it tends to get stuck in my head
The Ramones

Mines not a iPod, but what the hell

currently listing to
Dune
Disturbed
Within Temptation
Luna Coil
Nightwish
Garbage
Moloko
Dido

I listen to all kinds of music. Today, its:

War- Lowrider
CCR- Run Through the Jungle
Limp Bizkit- Break Stuff
Kiss- God of Thunder

and

Judas Priest- You've Got Another Thing Coming

:eek: :eek:

I prefer to hear what's going on around me when I'm on my bike.

Currrently on my player is Tom Petty's latest album "The Last DJ"
I love his music. and I'm also back into some chilled ibiza at the moment.

EL34 said:
What are you listening to on or off the bike today on your iPod or other personal music device?

I have just put on the BBC radio version of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.

P.S. I do not listen to it while riding ... crash from laughing too hard.

Pete

big Pete said:
I have just put on the BBC radio version of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.

P.S. I do not listen to it while riding ... crash from laughing too hard.

Pete

where did you get that? I have seen the orginal tv shoe and read the books but i have never heard the radio show.

jcjordan said:
where did you get that? I have seen the orginal tv shoe and read the books but i have never heard the radio show.

A friend gave it to me, he got it off the net somewhere. I think BBC sells Cd's of them.

Pete

tvanhuisen said:
Low - The Great Destroyer
Alright a thread on my two favorite things. LOW!!! From my small hometown! I love the new album, however I am not a fan of the older stuff. It is so wierd seeing them around town and realizing that they are huge rock stars. I just saw Al Sparhawk this past weekend at the local bar.

As for me I am an old punker that likes all kinds of music except contemprary country. Lately I have been listening lots of slayer, the evens, old soul aslyum, iron maiden, hank williams, and LIONEL RICHIE (gets my lasy in the mood):D