What's that cool UK racing weekly? "Cycling News"?

Jeff Potter

Guest
Speaking of BAR... before VN was anything, before the Net, I used to
sub to Mirroir (learned French to read it) and that British
weekly...what was it...Cycling News? Or just Cycling? It was kinda
thin. Mostly B&W inside. I liked that thing. Is it still going? Is it
still Limey thru'n'thru? I liked all those night photos of rain crits,
and pale freckled juniors training with fenders, and letters about
battery selection and rainwear, and the infinite time trials. That mag
had a great "boxing weekly" feel to it--- simple, loyal, direct. The
Milk Race and BAR...that's the ticket! : )

--JP
outyourbackdoor.com

"Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Speaking of BAR... before VN was anything, before the Net, I used to
> sub to Mirroir (learned French to read it) and that British
> weekly...what was it...Cycling News? Or just Cycling? It was kinda
> thin. Mostly B&W inside. I liked that thing. Is it still going? Is it
> still Limey thru'n'thru? I liked all those night photos of rain crits,
> and pale freckled juniors training with fenders, and letters about
> battery selection and rainwear, and the infinite time trials. That mag
> had a great "boxing weekly" feel to it--- simple, loyal, direct. The
> Milk Race and BAR...that's the ticket! : )
>
> --JP
> outyourbackdoor.com

Cycling Weekly. Still exists, AFIK. There was also the monthly
International Cyclesport.