What's the beef on Landis?

It's Chris

Guest
The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride this
year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there being an
official decision, can they?

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

[email protected] (It's Chris) wrote in news:17113-4686E80C-195
@storefull-3236.bay.webtv.net:
> The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
> jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride this
> year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there being an
> official decision, can they?

Landis has agreed not to race in the Tour de France until has drug case is
resolved.

sally wrote:
> [email protected] (It's Chris) wrote in
> news:17113-4686E80C-195 @storefull-3236.bay.webtv.net:
>> The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
>> jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride
>> this year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there
>> being an official decision, can they?

> Landis has agreed not to race in the Tour de France until has drug
> case is resolved.

Not to mention he's not on a team now, yes?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:19:02 -0700, Bill Sornson wrote:

> Not to mention he's not on a team now, yes?

Do you have to be on a team to enter these events? If you're strong enough,
you might do well without one.

It's Chris wrote:
> The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
> jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride this
> year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there being an
> official decision, can they?
>
> - -
> Compliments of:
> "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"
>
> If you want to E-mail me use:
> ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net
>
> My website:
> http://geocities.com/czcorner

In addition to all the other posts above, Landis had a hip replacement
in the off-season and had no intention of doing the 2007 Tour regardless
of the 2006 outcome. He has just started doing small races again and
there is no way he would've been prepared to start the TDF this year.