Whats the best buget bike in UK please

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Blade, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Blade

    Blade Guest

    Whats the best buget bike in UK please

    Ally frame fs

    Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds

    --

    Shaun Adams

    Tags:

  2. Philthy

    Philthy Guest

    > Ally frame fs
    >
    > Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds

    In light of my insurance company not paying out when my kicking about bike was nicked I had less
    than 200 quid to spend & bought a Shogun the in general the components suck (after all look at the
    price!) but the frame is an aboslute killer & more than worth the money paid, me thinks it will end
    up as a damn fine rebuild as soon as the cash flow eases up. Phil

  3. Blade

    Blade Guest

    so does that mean the giant is better?

    "philthy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Ally frame fs
    > >
    > > Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds
    >
    > In light of my insurance company not paying out when my kicking about bike was nicked I had less
    > than 200 quid to spend & bought a Shogun the in general the components suck (after all look at the
    > price!) but the frame
    is
    > an aboslute killer & more than worth the money paid, me thinks it will end up as a damn fine
    > rebuild as soon as the cash flow eases up. Phil

  4. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "Blade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > so does that mean the giant is better?
    >

    > "philthy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Ally frame fs
    > > >
    > > > Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds
    > >
    > > In light of my insurance company not paying out when my kicking about
    bike
    > > was nicked, I had less than 200 quid to spend & bought a Shogun. in general the components suck
    > > (after all look at the price!) but the frame
    > is
    > > an aboslute killer & more than worth the money paid, me thinks it will
    end
    > > up as a damn fine rebuild as soon as the cash flow eases up. Phil

    Because your response was so funny, I'll be nice (as I always am ;-p). No he meant the Shogun's
    frame is great and worth keeping to build into another bike but the Shogun's parts are crap.

    bloocow - repunctuated Phil's reply too

  5. Blade

    Blade Guest

    ok shogun good frame crap bits

    but tell me about the cheap giants frame and bits pleeeeze

    "bloocow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Blade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > so does that mean the giant is better?
    > >

    > > "philthy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > In light of my insurance company not paying out when my kicking about
    > bike
    > > > was nicked, I had less than 200 quid to spend & bought a Shogun. in general the components
    > > > suck (after all look at the price!) but the
    frame
    > > is
    > > > an aboslute killer & more than worth the money paid, me thinks it will
    > end
    > > > up as a damn fine rebuild as soon as the cash flow eases up. Phil
    > > >

    > Because your response was so funny, I'll be nice (as I always am ;-p). No
    he
    > meant the Shogun's frame is great and worth keeping to build into another bike but the Shogun's
    > parts are crap.
    >
    > bloocow - repunctuated Phil's reply too

  6. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "Blade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ok shogun good frame crap bits
    >
    > but tell me about the cheap giants frame and bits pleeeeze

    Sorry I have no clue about the value of your Giant.

    bloocow

  7. Blade

    Blade Guest

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Blade wrote:
    > Whats the best buget bike in UK please

    That all depends on what you term 'budget'...

    > Ally frame fs
    >
    > Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds

    If you intend on serious use, then both will end up as a disappointment. You need to spend at least
    300 quid for a mountain bike.

  9. Philthy

    Philthy Guest

    > Because your response was so funny, I'll be nice (as I always am ;-p). No
    he
    > meant the Shogun's frame is great and worth keeping to build into another bike but the Shogun's
    > parts are crap.
    >
    > bloocow - repunctuated Phil's reply too

    Thanks mate thats exactly what I meant.. Phil

  10. Philthy

    Philthy Guest

    > do you know about a Giant GSR FS ALU?

    Spec wise (From the web.. I have never owned a Giant!) there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference
    in the components, once again this is down to the price, the components on both bikes are low end
    from name manufactures Sram/Shimano etc.. Best bet is to try them out, if you can't do that, I'll
    stick to reccomending the Shogun, like is said in my original reply, mine is used for the ride to
    work, as my full susser would be a pain in the arse for that (also I don't want it getting pranged
    by some twat in a car!), I have riden the Shogun or some fairly rough gravel track & it perfomed far
    better than it's price would suggest, this is down to the frame.

    Phil