Whats the best buget bike in UK please

Blade

Guest
Whats the best buget bike in UK please

Ally frame fs

Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds

--

Shaun Adams

> Ally frame fs
>
> Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds

In light of my insurance company not paying out when my kicking about bike was nicked I had less
than 200 quid to spend & bought a Shogun the in general the components suck (after all look at the
price!) but the frame is an aboslute killer & more than worth the money paid, me thinks it will end
up as a damn fine rebuild as soon as the cash flow eases up. Phil

so does that mean the giant is better?

"Blade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> so does that mean the giant is better?
>

> "philthy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Ally frame fs
> > >
> > > Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds
> >
> > In light of my insurance company not paying out when my kicking about
bike
> > was nicked, I had less than 200 quid to spend & bought a Shogun. in general the components suck
> > (after all look at the price!) but the frame
> is
> > an aboslute killer & more than worth the money paid, me thinks it will
end
> > up as a damn fine rebuild as soon as the cash flow eases up. Phil

Because your response was so funny, I'll be nice (as I always am ;-p). No he meant the Shogun's
frame is great and worth keeping to build into another bike but the Shogun's parts are ****.

bloocow - repunctuated Phil's reply too

ok shogun good frame **** bits

but tell me about the cheap giants frame and bits pleeeeze

news:[email protected]...

Blade wrote:
> Whats the best buget bike in UK please

That all depends on what you term 'budget'...

> Ally frame fs
>
> Giant GSR FS ALU £180 pounds Shogun(Claude Butler) Avalanche £180 pounds

If you intend on serious use, then both will end up as a disappointment. You need to spend at least
300 quid for a mountain bike.

> Because your response was so funny, I'll be nice (as I always am ;-p). No
he
> meant the Shogun's frame is great and worth keeping to build into another bike but the Shogun's
> parts are ****.
>
> bloocow - repunctuated Phil's reply too

Thanks mate thats exactly what I meant.. Phil

> do you know about a Giant GSR FS ALU?

Spec wise (From the web.. I have never owned a Giant!) there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference
in the components, once again this is down to the price, the components on both bikes are low end
from name manufactures Sram/Shimano etc.. Best bet is to try them out, if you can't do that, I'll
stick to reccomending the Shogun, like is said in my original reply, mine is used for the ride to
work, as my full susser would be a pain in the **** for that (also I don't want it getting pranged
by some **** in a car!), I have riden the Shogun or some fairly rough gravel track & it perfomed far
better than it's price would suggest, this is down to the frame.

Phil