What's the best co2 inflator?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jwroubaix, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jwroubaix

jwroubaix New Member

I've decided to get rid of my mini hand pump and try co2 inflators. What's the best one out there. Is it the Innovations SL which has the metal fitting instead of the plastic? Any opinions.

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

You mean the Genuine Innovations Air Chuck SL? That's what I've been using for a long time. It works well and takes up very little room, which are the two things that I wanted out of it.

3. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

I like it, but I recently purchased a Innovations Second Wind because my lady friend and now riding partner refuses to carry any inflation devices so I am the go to guy. I got it "just in case" I need more than the two CO2 cyclinders that I normally carry.

4. TucsonKEG

TucsonKEG New Member

Genuine Innovations microflate-nano, because it is tiny and works.

Microflate Nano

5. finnrambo

finnrambo New Member

what pressure do co2 inflators go to, and could you reach it with a mini hand pump?

6. 6fhscjess

6fhscjess Member

I recently was on a long ride where I realized it is still a good idea to have a hand pump. I had flatted and put in the new tube that I had stored in my bag. I used a co2 cartridge to inflate it but the tube was no good so I had to patch the other tube so I put a little air from my second and last co2 cartridge to find where the hole was but could not find the hole since it was very small. I did not want to use anymore of my co2 cartridge since it was my last so I blew in the valve with my mouth but each time the tube deflated before I could find the hole. Finally someone came along with a hand pump and I was able to inflate the tube big enough to find the hole and get it patched. So I would recommend that at least on long rides you might still want to have a pump available.