Whats the best disc brake for road bike

Kma

Guest
What is the best disc brake for a touring light off road bike . Thinking of updating my 98
cannondale T700 silk path . Any ideas apperciated . Klaas

"kma" <klaas&[email protected]> wrote in message news:iBWtb.5972$1K.1051@edtnps84...
> What is the best disc brake for a touring light off road bike . Thinking
of
> updating my 98 cannondale T700 silk path . Any ideas apperciated . Klaas

There's really only one if you don't want to run adaptors and that's Avid. The rest are designed to
work with V-brake compatible mtn levers.

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:FNYtb.9073$6G3.6331@fed1read06...

> "kma" <klaas&[email protected]> wrote in message news:iBWtb.5972$1K.1051@edtnps84...
> > What is the best disc brake for a touring light off road bike . Thinking
> of
> > updating my 98 cannondale T700 silk path . Any ideas apperciated . Klaas
> >
> There's really only one if you don't want to run adaptors and that's Avid. The rest are designed
> to work with V-brake compatible mtn levers.

There's also supposedly a cable to hydraulic option based on Hope minis or M4s, although they don't
seem to respond to emails and the site is a bit of pain to navigate, called 'discjockey' - see:

http://www.sticha.ch/?Uuseflash=true&Ulang=en&Uuid=MOUNT

Rich

kma-<< What is the best disc brake for a touring light off road bike
>><BR><BR>

Avid...