What's the best price for Dura Ace or Record Group Sets?

OCRoadie

Oct 5, 2004
As I prepare to purchase my new road bike (most likely a Specialized Roubaix Pro), I am trying to determine whether to buy the complete stock bike, or just the frame and fork and build it from there. I would prefer to build it since I would like to give Campy Record a try and don't really want the Dura Ace wheels or the Specialized seat or bars. What's the best price I can expect to find either the Campy Record or the Dura Ace 10 speed Groups for? If you have any great sources please share them.

OCRoadie said:
As I prepare to purchase my new road bike (most likely a Specialized Roubaix Pro), I am trying to determine whether to buy the complete stock bike, or just the frame and fork and build it from there. I would prefer to build it since I would like to give Campy Record a try and don't really want the Dura Ace wheels or the Specialized seat or bars. What's the best price I can expect to find either the Campy Record or the Dura Ace 10 speed Groups for? If you have any great sources please share them.

i found the 7800 groupo for $1250 the other day, but for the life of me I can't find the site agian :(

OCRoadie said:
BTW, the stock seat on the 2005 Roubaix Pro is the new Alias which comes in three sizes. I just added one to my 2004 Pro. I spoke with one guy who has been riding for 25 years who indicated that the Alias was the most comfortable seat he has ever ridden (performance road bike seats). I looked into the build, but it was more expensive to build it from the frame set then pay the $3200 I got the Pro for a month ago (new).

Skydive-
Thanks for the input regarding building the bike, as far as seats go, I just started riding the Fizik Arione. This is the best seat I've ridden so far, if I buy the complete 2005 model, I'll give the new Specialized seat a try.

I also just bought the Roubaix Pro on sale at Mike's Bikes in San Francisco. It was on sale for $3,250, but I did the following upgrades/part switches:
-FSA Carbon Pro Elite Compact crankset 50/34
-Dura Ace 12/27 cassette
-FSA Platinum Pro Ti bottom bracket
-Fitzik Arione saddle
-Specialized S-Works All-Condition 700 x 25 tires

The revised price came out to $3,600 before taxes, but is way better than paying $4,400+ for the '05 Roubaix Pro.

I think they are sold out on all the Roubaix frames by now:(

http://mikesbicyclecenter.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=163

ender Wiggins said:
I also just bought the Roubaix Pro on sale at Mike's Bikes in San Francisco. It was on sale for $3,250, but I did the following upgrades/part switches:
-FSA Carbon Pro Elite Compact crankset 50/34
-Dura Ace 12/27 cassette
-FSA Platinum Pro Ti bottom bracket
-Fitzik Arione saddle
-Specialized S-Works All-Condition 700 x 25 tires

The revised price came out to $3,600 before taxes, but is way better than paying $4,400+ for the '05 Roubaix Pro.

I think they are sold out on all the Roubaix frames by now:(

http://mikesbicyclecenter.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=163
The local Specialized dealer here in St. Petersburg, FL tells me they could sell every Roubaix Pro or Comp they could get thier hands on. They are becoming very popular.