What's the best thing to drink ?

On 24/8/04 8:59 am, in article
[email protected], "David E. Belcher"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Mix it to my liking" is the key here - I find Isostar mixed to the
> manufcturer's instructions fairly unpleasant, as it tastes a bit too
> concentrated. Do Boots still sell an own-brand equivalent?

Yes, and it is quite palatable.

> And is it just me, or do all lemon sports
> drinks taste like cheap & nasty boiled sweets from childhood?

SWMBO refers to these drinks as 'lemon flavoured sweat'.
She has a point.

...d

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gawnsoft <[email protected]>typed
>
> > On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:26:13 +0100, Jon Senior
> > <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote (more or less):

> > >DJ [email protected] opined the following...

> > >Meerlust Rubicon 1999. Not too bad. Has left a friend and I completely
> > >plastered!
> > >
> > >WRT cycling, more water and some food if your feel hungry. I don't know
> > >how the prices compare, but I believe that there used to be a product
> > >called deorylite (Or similar) which was an isotonic powder for post-
> > >diarrhoea recovery. I see no reason why it shouldn't work if you are
> > >actually needing salts.

> > 'Diarolyte', I'm fairly sure.

If you try to buy it, note that it's "Dioralyte".

> > A friend of mine used to use it for 'morning after' situations.

It's a dehydration treatment.

What flavour did he use?

> It's OK physiologically though probably too low in energy. I don't like
> its taste and it's not cheap...

I didn't think it was designed for taste, although I see on the Aventis website
that one now gets a couple of flavours in addition to the original
lashings-of-salt-and-sugar flavour.

PS Uurgh.
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

"Mark South" <[email protected]>typed

> "Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Gawnsoft <[email protected]>typed

> > It's OK physiologically though probably too low in energy. I don't like
> > its taste and it's not cheap...

> I didn't think it was designed for taste, although I see on the
> Aventis website
> that one now gets a couple of flavours in addition to the original
> lashings-of-salt-and-sugar flavour.

> PS Uurgh.

If you've ever tried to get a toddler to drink Dioralyte, you'll know it
*ought* to be formulated to taste OK. Paediatricians tell me if young
kid is *really* dehydrated, they will drink it.

Hopefully, a riding cyclist doesn't get quite so bad.

It tastes UAB, as they'd say in the Shed.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.