Whats the fastest speed you can hold for a hour?

birdman23 said:
******** to the posters who said their average for an hour was over 30 mph. Chris Boardman set the hour record in 2000. In that record breaking performance he rode 49.441 km or 30.721 miles and that was on a track.
That was on a 1970's style bike. His previous attempt on a modern bike was 35 miles, but it was disqualified by the UCI because of his engineering advantages over Merckx.

Maybe some of these voters are riding recumbents?

Reckon mine is about 20-22mph but thats on hilly terrain. Kinda out of shape at teh moment as well.

andrello said:
That was on a 1970's style bike. His previous attempt on a modern bike was 35 miles, but it was disqualified by the UCI because of his engineering advantages over Merckx.

Maybe some of these voters are riding recumbents?
the bike Boardman used to ride 35 miles in 1 hour is nothing like the average road cyclist will ride. i bet that thing cost $20,000. plus, the position is now illegal anyways.

that "70s style" bike he used, that is more simular to a standard road setup most riders ride today.

chrispopovic said:
I doubt that any non-pro out there can go better than 21-22 for an hour. .
Lol. Most, if not all, cat 4's can do 21-22 for an hour with ease.

mattv2099 said:

I would go so far as to say any Cat 4 that couldn't average at least 23 MPH on a flat 40K TT should go back to Cat 5's!

An hour 40K TT(25Mph) is run of the mill...

mattv2099 said:
this deserves to be said again. yes, 22mph average for an hour is peanuts. sorry if this offends anyone, but it's true.