Whats the fastest you can go on flat ground

Lenny Jackson

Guest
Whats the highest speed you have reached on flat ground with no tail wind on
a Road Bike.

I can get around 60 k's an hour untill my ticker says thats enough buddy.

So lets see some speeds please.

Lenny

Lenny Jackson said:
Whats the highest speed you have reached on flat ground with no tail wind on a Road Bike.

Is this holding onto a car or not?

This thread is in the 'Bike Cafe' area on www.cyclingforums.com

hippy

hippy said:
Is this holding onto a car or not?

This thread is in the 'Bike Cafe' area on www.cyclingforums.com

hippy

I topped out at about 60 in the sprint on Saturday...

Note that the flying 200 is done by elite sprinters at about 70km/h, so anyone that reckons they can do 75 or 80 unassisted (mechanically or by the wind conditions) is pulling your leg!

Ritch

Lenny Jackson wrote:
> Whats the highest speed you have reached on flat ground with no tail wind on
> a Road Bike.
>
> I can get around 60 k's an hour untill my ticker says thats enough buddy.
>
> So lets see some speeds please.
>
> Lenny

the best I've managed is 55.

--
Nick

NickZX6R <[email protected]> wrote in message

> the best I've managed is 55.

Same here, mid 50's in a sprint. I can do about 50 in a 70" gear
tho... That count?

Regards,

Suzy

ritcho said:
I topped out at about 60 in the sprint on Saturday...

Note that the flying 200 is done by elite sprinters at about 70km/h, so anyone that reckons they can do 75 or 80 unassisted (mechanically or by the wind conditions) is pulling your leg!

Ritch
67kph with a tailwind down leighton drive in the sprint.