What's the greatest unexpected benefit you've had from cycling?

Hi all, for me it's the improvement in my mental health. I got on my bike for my physical health, but I'm realizing exercise is just as important for the brain as for the body. I've been on my bike for 3 weeks and in that short time my depression has significantly eased up (I have bipolar disorder, and have been going through a depressive episode for several months), and I'm feeling sharper, happier, and more confident. I wouldn't say it's all about the cycling, but it's definitely a big part of it :)

How about you?

It has helped me socialize in a way that I never expected in the sense that before I began riding, I was that type of dude that feels that riding wouldn't make me that social. However, I came to notice with time that riding was one of the best decisions that I took in life for it has enabled me make lots of friends that ordinarily won't have been possible for me.

My cardio or stamina improved a lot, actually before whey I'm using upstairs just going to the second floor, I really feel tired, and chasing for air to breath, but when I started to ride my bike again even just during weekends, I feel better, so I decided to continue this habit again, to improve more my stamina.

For those who do cycling to lose weight, what I think that's unexpected benefit from it is that it is as if you are not working out. You do not know that you are enjoying what you do at the same time.

Cycling has allowed me to spend more time on free thinking. It's that thing you do when you're not anxious about anything. You just let things be. Let your mind wander and be in the moment. It's so peaceful and relaxing.

Unexpected benefit is ever since I decided to ride again I became conscious on what I eat and now I'm eating healthy regularly without sacrificing taste. I studied how to cook healthy meals and I'm loving it and reaping the benefits.