What's the popularity of 650x23 tyres?

bicyclerubber

Jul 26, 2007
A quick gauge from the forum audience please...

Just unpacked an order from Italy and its devoid of 700x23 Rubino Pro tyres (thanks guys, we didn't need any of them anyway!!) but has a few boxes of 650x23 instead....

Now I know that high spec 650 tyres are a good thing and would be happy with those but, the Rubino Pro is not a top end race tyre and I don't hear many requests for 650 training tyres....

How popular do you think these will be or should we just send them back straightaway....??

bicyclerubber said:
A quick gauge from the forum audience please...

Just unpacked an order from Italy and its devoid of 700x23 Rubino Pro tyres (thanks guys, we didn't need any of them anyway!!) but has a few boxes of 650x23 instead....

Now I know that high spec 650 tyres are a good thing and would be happy with those but, the Rubino Pro is not a top end race tyre and I don't hear many requests for 650 training tyres....

How popular do you think these will be or should we just send them back straightaway....??

We have a few but the requests for 650c tires of any kind are few and far between. The tri-trend of 650c tires on all tri bikes 'seems' to be over and only a small number of bikes use them, for fit issues only(small riders).

I would keep a few training/racing/tubes and even tubulars but if you are like us, you don't need many.