What's the state of the art in artificial hearts?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mxsmanic, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Mxsmanic

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Just out of curiosity, what is the state of the art in artificial hearts
    today? What technology are they using, how do they work, how long are
    people able to live with them, and what sort of quality of life do they
    provide? Comments and/or pointers to interesting Web pages welcome.

  2. doe

    doe Guest

    >Subject: What's the state of the art in artificial hearts?
    >From: Mxsmanic [email protected]
    >Date: 9/20/2003 2:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time
    >
    >Just out of curiosity, what is the state of the art in artificial hearts
    >today? What technology are they using, how do they work, how long are
    >people able to live with them, and what sort of quality of life do they
    >provide? Comments and/or pointers to interesting Web pages welcome.
    >
    >--
    >Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.

    This should give you some reading ..

    http://www.newswise.com/libraries/search/?action=search&inst=0&q1=+artif
    icial+%2Bheart&day1=00&mon1=00&year1=0000&day2=00&mon2=00&year2=0000&inst_
    name=%28Any+institution%29&lib%5B%5D=10&lib%5B%5D=20&lib%5B%5D=40&lib%5B%5
    D=31&lib%5B%5D=32&lib%5B%5D=33&lib%5B%5D=34

    Who loves ya.
    Tom
    Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com
    Man Is A Herbivore! http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore
    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/deadpeoplewalking

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Here is an article about 9 months old:

    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/449703

    Title is "Nontransplant Surgical Options for Congestive Heart Failure"

    I don't know if you have to sign up to read it.

    Bill

    news:[email protected]