Whats the "Truth"?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Deloid, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Deloid

    Deloid Guest

    I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.

    Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?

    deloid

    Tags:

  2. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    >newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
    >
    >Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?

    Dunno from the Truth, but I'd consider my Ellsworth Isis a great bike.

    OTOH, my warranty experience w/Ellsworth on a cracked frame was somewhere towards the opposite end
    of the spectrum.
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

  3. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:25 -0600, Deloid <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    > newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
    >
    > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    >
    > deloid

    The Truth? Nice bike. Somewhat fragile under bigger or rougher riders. Terrible post-sale support
    from Ellsworth. Pretty much everything that you have heard is True.

    Miles

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    > newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
    >
    > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?

    You don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth.

    JD

  5. "Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    > newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot
    of
    > Truths out there for sale.
    >
    > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    >
    > deloid

    Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike
    is
    > > trashed often on newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a
    lot
    > of
    > > Truths out there for sale.
    > >
    > > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    > >
    > > deloid
    > >

    > Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.

    Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider. So, where's this RR then eh? ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  7. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >"Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    >> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
    >>
    >> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    >
    >You don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth.

    According to some sources in Hollywood, they must be difficult to control:

    <Jack Nicholson> You want the TRUTH? You can't HANDLE the truth". </Jack Nicholson>

    ;-)

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Can you handle the Truth? (Sorry couldn't resist!)

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

  9. JD wrote:
    > You don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth.

    Hey JD, I'll bite. What *is* the truth about Ellsworth?

    Mark Bockmann, happy with mine

  10. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike
    > is
    > > > trashed often on newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a
    > lot
    > > of
    > > > Truths out there for sale.
    > > >
    > > > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    > > >
    > > > deloid
    > > >

    > > Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.
    >
    > Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider.

    Yeah well I love it, more than that dude with the singlespeed loves his singlespeed...

    So, where's this RR then eh?
    > ',;~}~

    Uh well a picture tells a thousand words, and I haven't downloaded the pictures yet..

    Steve E.

  11. On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:23:50 GMT, miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:25 -0600, Deloid <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    >> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
    >>
    >> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    >>
    >> deloid
    >>

    >The Truth? Nice bike. Somewhat fragile under bigger or rougher riders. Terrible post-sale support
    >from Ellsworth. Pretty much everything that you have heard is True.

    What he said, except the fact that he left off the bit about Tony Ellsworth being a lying, spineless
    sack of shit in addition to having poor customer service.

  12. On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:14:36 +0000, Mark Hickey did issue forth:

    > <Jack Nicholson> You want the TRUTH? You can't HANDLE the truth". </Jack
    > Nicholson>

    Hmmmph. I was going to post that.

    *sulks*

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > is
    > > lot
    > > > of

    > > > Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.
    > >
    > > Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider.
    >
    > Yeah well I love it, more than that dude with the singlespeed loves his singlespeed...

    Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO too. Not assweet as my BASE
    though, no, not even close........heheheheheh..........

    > So, where's this RR then eh?
    > > ',;~}~
    > > >

    > Uh well a picture tells a thousand words, and I haven't downloaded the pictures yet..

    Ohhhhh, you _bad_ boy! I'll try and throw some words together today, when I get my brain cells to
    march in formation again - they're currently doing the chaos jig....

    Shaun aRe

  14. > > > > > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the
    > bike
    > > > is
    > > > lot

    > > > Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider.
    > >
    > > Yeah well I love it, more than that dude with the singlespeed loves his singlespeed...
    >
    > Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO too.
    Not
    > assweet as my BASE though, no, not even close........heheheheheh..........

    Its taken about 10 years of bike ownership evolution to get to a bike that I can finally say I'm
    happy with,

    Started on a rigid marin (stolen) > rigid dyna-tech (oops, take a step backwards, stolen) > Scott
    evo with Rockshox Quadra (stolen) > Cannondale killer V (ahem, stolen) > Orange Vit T with Pace
    Rc35's (lovely bike, shame it broke) > DNA tube with Rockshox Judy DH (terrible Ti frame, don't even
    think about it, broke two frames) > Foes weasel (broke) with Judy DH (broke) then Stratos MX6
    (broke) > Intense Uzzi DH with White Bros UD150 (sold) > Turner RFX with Manitou supernova (The end)

    Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully rigid frame with
    thumbshifters...

    Steve E.

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO too.
    > Not
    > > assweet as my BASE though, no, not even
    close........heheheheheh..........

    > Its taken about 10 years of bike ownership evolution to get to a bike that
    > can finally say I'm happy with,
    >
    > Started on a rigid marin (stolen) > rigid dyna-tech (oops, take a step backwards, stolen) > Scott
    > evo with Rockshox Quadra (stolen) > Cannondale killer V (ahem, stolen) > Orange Vit T with Pace
    > Rc35's (lovely bike,
    shame
    > it broke) > DNA tube with Rockshox Judy DH (terrible Ti frame, don't even think about it, broke
    > two frames) > Foes weasel (broke) with Judy DH
    (broke)
    > then Stratos MX6 (broke) > Intense Uzzi DH with White Bros UD150 (sold) > Turner RFX with Manitou
    > supernova (The end)

    That's a lot of 'stolen' there Spadie - dodgy mates?

    > Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully rigid frame with
    > thumbshifters...

    That's what marriage does to a man is it?

    Shaun aRe

  16. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:45:34 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:23:50 GMT, miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:25 -0600, Deloid <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
    >>> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
    >>>
    >>> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
    >>>
    >>> deloid
    >>>

    >> The Truth? Nice bike. Somewhat fragile under bigger or rougher riders.
    >>
    >> Terrible post-sale support from Ellsworth. Pretty much everything that you have heard is True.
    >
    > What he said, except the fact that he left off the bit about Tony Ellsworth being a lying,
    > spineless sack of shit in addition to having poor customer service.

    Well, I know Tony, and I may want to weasel a deal out of him some day...

    Miles

  17. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    > > > Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO
    too.
    > > Not
    > > > assweet as my BASE though, no, not even
    > close........heheheheheh..........
    > > >

    > > Its taken about 10 years of bike ownership evolution to get to a bike
    that
    > > can finally say I'm happy with,
    > >
    > > Started on a rigid marin (stolen) > rigid dyna-tech (oops, take a step backwards, stolen) >
    > > Scott evo with Rockshox Quadra (stolen) >
    Cannondale
    > > killer V (ahem, stolen) > Orange Vit T with Pace Rc35's (lovely bike,
    > shame
    > > it broke) > DNA tube with Rockshox Judy DH (terrible Ti frame, don't
    even
    > > think about it, broke two frames) > Foes weasel (broke) with Judy DH
    > (broke)
    > > then Stratos MX6 (broke) > Intense Uzzi DH with White Bros UD150 (sold)
    >
    > > Turner RFX with Manitou supernova (The end)
    >
    > That's a lot of 'stolen' there Spadie - dodgy mates?

    Well yes Shaun, but you didn't steal them ALL did you? Most were stolen from out of the garage -
    B*stards broke in through the windows, the door and the roof. Eventually I got fed up and started
    keeping them in the house.

    > > Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully
    rigid
    > > frame with thumbshifters...
    >
    > That's what marriage does to a man is it?

    >Shaun aRe

    Just something I've been thinking about doing for a while, should be a good contrast to the Turner
    and help me remember that there is a thing called line choice...

    Steve E.

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > That's a lot of 'stolen' there Spadie - dodgy mates?

    > Well yes Shaun, but you didn't steal them ALL did you? Most were stolen
    from
    > out of the garage - B*stards broke in through the windows, the door and
    the
    > roof. Eventually I got fed up and started keeping them in the house.

    Heheh - I was twisting your post and hinting like you owned stolen bikes, not had them
    stolen from you.

    > > > Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully
    > rigid
    > > > frame with thumbshifters...
    > >
    > > That's what marriage does to a man is it?
    >
    > >Shaun aRe
    >
    > Just something I've been thinking about doing for a while, should be a
    good
    > contrast to the Turner and help me remember that there is a thing called line choice...

    Yeah, make the man ride the bike and not the other way around eh? Or summink.......

    Shaun aRe

  19. Jd

    Jd Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote this public service message:
    > What he said, except the fact that he left off the bit about Tony Ellsworth being a lying,
    > spineless sack of shit in addition to having poor customer service.

    Like I said, you don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth. That is, unless you are considering
    buying a bike from him.

    JD watching the six