Whats the "Truth"?

Deloid

Guest
I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.

Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?

deloid

RE/
>I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
>newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
>
>Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?

Dunno from the Truth, but I'd consider my Ellsworth Isis a great bike.

OTOH, my warranty experience w/Ellsworth on a cracked frame was somewhere towards the opposite end
of the spectrum.
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:25 -0600, Deloid <[email protected]> wrote:

> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
>
> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
>
> deloid

The Truth? Nice bike. Somewhat fragile under bigger or rougher riders. Terrible post-sale support
from Ellsworth. Pretty much everything that you have heard is True.

Miles

"Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
>
> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?

You don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth.

JD

"Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot
of
> Truths out there for sale.
>
> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
>
> deloid

Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike
is
> > trashed often on newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a
lot
> of
> > Truths out there for sale.
> >
> > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
> >
> > deloid
> >

> Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.

Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider. So, where's this RR then eh? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

[email protected] (JD) wrote:

>"Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
>> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
>>
>> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
>
>You don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth.

According to some sources in Hollywood, they must be difficult to control:

<Jack Nicholson> You want the TRUTH? You can't HANDLE the truth". </Jack Nicholson>

;-)

Can you handle the Truth? (Sorry couldn't resist!)

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

JD wrote:
> You don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth.

Hey JD, I'll bite. What *is* the truth about Ellsworth?

Mark Bockmann, happy with mine

> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Deloid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike
> is
> > > trashed often on newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a
> lot
> > of
> > > Truths out there for sale.
> > >
> > > Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
> > >
> > > deloid
> > >

> > Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.
>
> Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider.

Yeah well I love it, more than that dude with the singlespeed loves his singlespeed...

So, where's this RR then eh?
> ',;~}~

Uh well a picture tells a thousand words, and I haven't downloaded the pictures yet..

Steve E.

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:23:50 GMT, miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:25 -0600, Deloid <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
>> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
>>
>> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
>>
>> deloid
>>

>The Truth? Nice bike. Somewhat fragile under bigger or rougher riders. Terrible post-sale support
>from Ellsworth. Pretty much everything that you have heard is True.

What he said, except the fact that he left off the bit about Tony Ellsworth being a lying, spineless
sack of **** in addition to having poor customer service.

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:14:36 +0000, Mark Hickey did issue forth:

> <Jack Nicholson> You want the TRUTH? You can't HANDLE the truth". </Jack
> Nicholson>

Hmmmph. I was going to post that.

*sulks*

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > is
> > lot
> > > of

> > > Stop fecking about with the imitators and get the original - Turner.
> >
> > Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider.
>
> Yeah well I love it, more than that dude with the singlespeed loves his singlespeed...

Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO too. Not assweet as my BASE
though, no, not even close........heheheheheh..........

> So, where's this RR then eh?
> > ',;~}~
> > >

> Uh well a picture tells a thousand words, and I haven't downloaded the pictures yet..

Ohhhhh, you _bad_ boy! I'll try and throw some words together today, when I get my brain cells to
march in formation again - they're currently doing the chaos jig....

Shaun aRe

> bike
> > > is
> > > lot

> > > Heheheh - Hi there Diggerdude the Turner rider.
> >
> > Yeah well I love it, more than that dude with the singlespeed loves his singlespeed...
>
> Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO too.
Not
> assweet as my BASE though, no, not even close........heheheheheh..........

Its taken about 10 years of bike ownership evolution to get to a bike that I can finally say I'm
happy with,

Started on a rigid marin (stolen) > rigid dyna-tech (oops, take a step backwards, stolen) > Scott
evo with Rockshox Quadra (stolen) > Cannondale killer V (ahem, stolen) > Orange Vit T with Pace
Rc35's (lovely bike, shame it broke) > DNA tube with Rockshox Judy DH (terrible Ti frame, don't even
think about it, broke two frames) > Foes weasel (broke) with Judy DH (broke) then Stratos MX6
(broke) > Intense Uzzi DH with White Bros UD150 (sold) > Turner RFX with Manitou supernova (The end)

Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully rigid frame with
thumbshifters...

Steve E.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO too.
> Not
> > assweet as my BASE though, no, not even
close........heheheheheh..........

> Its taken about 10 years of bike ownership evolution to get to a bike that
> can finally say I'm happy with,
>
> Started on a rigid marin (stolen) > rigid dyna-tech (oops, take a step backwards, stolen) > Scott
> evo with Rockshox Quadra (stolen) > Cannondale killer V (ahem, stolen) > Orange Vit T with Pace
> Rc35's (lovely bike,
shame
> it broke) > DNA tube with Rockshox Judy DH (terrible Ti frame, don't even think about it, broke
> two frames) > Foes weasel (broke) with Judy DH
(broke)
> then Stratos MX6 (broke) > Intense Uzzi DH with White Bros UD150 (sold) > Turner RFX with Manitou
> supernova (The end)

That's a lot of 'stolen' there Spadie - dodgy mates?

> Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully rigid frame with
> thumbshifters...

That's what marriage does to a man is it?

Shaun aRe

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:45:34 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 03:23:50 GMT, miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:25 -0600, Deloid <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I see excellent reviews for the Ellsworth truth on the web....the bike is trashed often on
>>> newsgroups for frame weakness (breaking) and I see a lot of Truths out there for sale.
>>>
>>> Is this the "great" bike as MB reviewers state it is?
>>>
>>> deloid
>>>

>> The Truth? Nice bike. Somewhat fragile under bigger or rougher riders.
>>
>> Terrible post-sale support from Ellsworth. Pretty much everything that you have heard is True.
>
> What he said, except the fact that he left off the bit about Tony Ellsworth being a lying,
> spineless sack of **** in addition to having poor customer service.

Well, I know Tony, and I may want to weasel a deal out of him some day...

Miles

> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > > Good for you! Can't say I blame you - pretty sweer piece of kit IMO
too.
> > Not
> > > assweet as my BASE though, no, not even
> close........heheheheheh..........
> > >

> > Its taken about 10 years of bike ownership evolution to get to a bike
that
> > can finally say I'm happy with,
> >
> > Started on a rigid marin (stolen) > rigid dyna-tech (oops, take a step backwards, stolen) >
> > Scott evo with Rockshox Quadra (stolen) >
Cannondale
> > killer V (ahem, stolen) > Orange Vit T with Pace Rc35's (lovely bike,
> shame
> > it broke) > DNA tube with Rockshox Judy DH (terrible Ti frame, don't
even
> > think about it, broke two frames) > Foes weasel (broke) with Judy DH
> (broke)
> > then Stratos MX6 (broke) > Intense Uzzi DH with White Bros UD150 (sold)
>
> > Turner RFX with Manitou supernova (The end)
>
> That's a lot of 'stolen' there Spadie - dodgy mates?

Well yes Shaun, but you didn't steal them ALL did you? Most were stolen from out of the garage -
B*stards broke in through the windows, the door and the roof. Eventually I got fed up and started
keeping them in the house.

> > Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully
rigid
> > frame with thumbshifters...
>
> That's what marriage does to a man is it?

>Shaun aRe

Just something I've been thinking about doing for a while, should be a good contrast to the Turner
and help me remember that there is a thing called line choice...

Steve E.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > That's a lot of 'stolen' there Spadie - dodgy mates?

> Well yes Shaun, but you didn't steal them ALL did you? Most were stolen
from
> out of the garage - B*stards broke in through the windows, the door and
the
> roof. Eventually I got fed up and started keeping them in the house.

Heheh - I was twisting your post and hinting like you owned stolen bikes, not had them
stolen from you.

> > > Although strangely enough I've now just finished building up a fully
> rigid
> > > frame with thumbshifters...
> >
> > That's what marriage does to a man is it?
>
> >Shaun aRe
>
> Just something I've been thinking about doing for a while, should be a
good
> contrast to the Turner and help me remember that there is a thing called line choice...

Yeah, make the man ride the bike and not the other way around eh? Or summink.......

Shaun aRe

P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote this public service message:
> What he said, except the fact that he left off the bit about Tony Ellsworth being a lying,
> spineless sack of **** in addition to having poor customer service.

Like I said, you don't want to know the Truth about Ellsworth. That is, unless you are considering
buying a bike from him.

JD watching the six