What's the weirdest hotdog variant you've ever seen or eaten?

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
I figure I'll ask this question because early today I went to the grocery and found a pack of crocodile dogs. And it's the first time I've seen some, I didn't buy any though.

I've eaten a crocodile hotdog, I actually like them better than regular hotdogs, although it was only given to me by a friend and he only told me after I've eaten it. I thought it was just a good chicken hotdog. The weirdest I've seen is an ostrich one, but I haven't tasted it.

It’s strange that I saw crocodile hotdogs being sold in the front area of a big hardware store in Metro Manila. There were actually burgers, hotdogs and meat, all from the crocodile farm. We were curious so we checked the prices. It was so expensive like 3 times the cost of the regular hotdogs and burgers. There a place somewhere north of the country where you can buy hotdog with dog meat. It is their delicacy that’s why the government cannot completely ban dog meat in that province.

I've eaten a crocodile hotdog, I actually like them better than regular hotdogs, although it was only given to me by a friend and he only told me after I've eaten it. I thought it was just a good chicken hotdog. The weirdest I've seen is an ostrich one, but I haven't tasted it.

I haven't really eaten a Croc Dog but I've had the chance to eat an Ostrich Dog and it also taste like the regular Chicken Dog but looks whiter and has a milder taste.

I haven't really eaten a Croc Dog but I've had the chance to eat an Ostrich Dog and it also taste like the regular Chicken Dog but looks whiter and has a milder taste.
I guess it makes sense that ostrich tastes like chicken, given that they're both birds, I'm just not used to seeing ostriches compared to crocodiles so I thought it was weirder but I guess thinking about it the crocodile one is more exotic.

I have seen croc dogs but I didn't try eat. Because I feel like it will be weird. I can't believe that they croc dogs for sale. What does it taste like? Is it good? It seems to be very expensive.

I have seen croc dogs but I didn't try eat. Because I feel like it will be weird. I can't believe that they croc dogs for sale. What does it taste like? Is it good? It seems to be very expensive.

Well I haven't tasted it yet. It's made here in the Philippines because of the big crocodile farms here that breeds crocs for their skin at first but now they're also selling Croc meat and Croc processed meats.

I've watched videos on YouTube about Kanga Banga Kangaroo Dogs
Here's the link
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/Gfx1BCpnNbs

I would really like to taste Kangaroo Dogs they say it's better tasting than beef dogs.

It’s strange that I saw crocodile hotdogs being sold in the front area of a big hardware store in Metro Manila. There were actually burgers, hotdogs and meat, all from the crocodile farm. We were curious so we checked the prices. It was so expensive like 3 times the cost of the regular hotdogs and burgers. There a place somewhere north of the country where you can buy hotdog with dog meat. It is their delicacy that’s why the government cannot completely ban dog meat in that province.

Whoah I've heard of that. Now that's what can be called a real Hot Dogo_O.
Here's a hotdog song for you...

View: https://youtu.be/-d3BaM3ywP8

I figure I'll ask this question because early today I went to the grocery and found a pack of crocodile dogs. And it's the first time I've seen some, I didn't buy any though.

That's really weird. But I wonder how they'd taste. Do they taste good? Now we're really curious. Hahaha!

Now there's an ostrich flavor? Where do we find such exotic variants. The weirdest flavor I've found is corn. And that's not even that weird.

That's horrible. Dog meat is like nightmare fuel for those who love dogs. But it's something that sparks other people's curiosity. Same with crocodile meat.

Yes, it's more expensive than regular hot dogs. I wonder why. Maybe because the meat is very different compared to regular ones.

While I haven't seen crocodile or alligator meat for sale in a market here in the midwest, I did however have a alligator patty sandwich while at a restaurant while at Daytona Beach Florida ...it was damn good! It was extremely tender, not sure how to explain the flavor, kind of had a very tender white chicken flavor intermixed with salmon flavor, the one I had was grilled. What a lot of people don't realize is Croc and gator meat is actually better for you than cow meat, which only makes sense if you think about it, but has a very low fat content.

I've read and heard from some people that croc and gator meat is chewy, I can't say if it was prepared differently from the way I had it if that is true or if croc is different from gator because that's the only time I ate it I ate gator, and it wasn't chewy in the least bit, more of the consistency of a beef burger except juicier. But I can say this, if I'm ever in some restaurant that serves either of those I will definitely order it.

I'll try almost anything once, you have to in life experience a broad range of stuff as much as possible, a lot people just assume if they never had it or is sounds like it came from something weird it's gotta be bad...not true.

Because of where I was at once I had to mingle with the locals for awhile, I ate dog meat, it was actually quite tender and tasty. That's not to say I'm going to eat my dog! LOL, but you can't dismiss something because of American taboos either. I've also had grilled rattlesnake and python; python tasted like a blend of dark chicken and fish with an oily texture, while the rattlesnake was more like an oily dark chicken taste without any fish taste.

Of course there are things I ate that I tried never having it before and didn't like it, but there were things I never had before that didn't sound good but was, so that's why I say if you are someplace you never been before and they have some sort of food you never ate before try it, sure you might hate it but you may discover you really like it, or somewhere in the middle. Even down in southern states of America they serve crawdads, to someone in the midwest that may sound disgusting but it's not. So alway try it, you might like it, Mikey liked it.

While I haven't seen crocodile or alligator meat for sale in a market here in the midwest, I did however have a alligator patty sandwich while at a restaurant while at Daytona Beach Florida ...it was damn good! It was extremely tender, not sure how to explain the flavor, kind of had a very tender white chicken flavor intermixed with salmon flavor, the one I had was grilled. What a lot of people don't realize is Croc and gator meat is actually better for you than cow meat, which only makes sense if you think about it, but has a very low fat content.

I've read and heard from some people that croc and gator meat is chewy, I can't say if it was prepared differently from the way I had it if that is true or if croc is different from gator because that's the only time I ate it I ate gator, and it wasn't chewy in the least bit, more of the consistency of a beef burger except juicier. But I can say this, if I'm ever in some restaurant that serves either of those I will definitely order it.

I'll try almost anything once, you have to in life experience a broad range of stuff as much as possible, a lot people just assume if they never had it or is sounds like it came from something weird it's gotta be bad...not true.

Because of where I was at once I had to mingle with the locals for awhile, I ate dog meat, it was actually quite tender and tasty. That's not to say I'm going to eat my dog! LOL, but you can't dismiss something because of American taboos either. I've also had grilled rattlesnake and python; python tasted like a blend of dark chicken and fish with an oily texture, while the rattlesnake was more like an oily dark chicken taste without any fish taste.

Of course there are things I ate that I tried never having it before and didn't like it, but there were things I never had before that didn't sound good but was, so that's why I say if you are someplace you never been before and they have some sort of food you never ate before try it, sure you might hate it but you may discover you really like it, or somewhere in the middle. Even down in southern states of America they serve crawdads, to someone in the midwest that may sound disgusting but it's not. So alway try it, you might like it, Mikey liked it.

I've tasted dog meat when I was a teen and it wasn't illegal then like nowadays here in the Philippines and it's quite flavorful and tasty. It tastes like a cross between pork and goat meat. It's one of the favorite fares of American G.I.'s when you guys had a base here. Servicemen would eat a lot of dog meat cooked as Barbecues on sticks and Adobo. Hey what's crawdads?? First time I heard that word.

Veggie hot dog made with eggplant. Also, there's an asian place here where you can find lentils hot dog. My sister tried to do some hot dog with tofu, and honestly that was a mess hahaha. So far, my favorite one among those, are the eggplant ones, it's not the same, but at least they taste similar once you add ketchup and mustard.

I've tasted dog meat when I was a teen and it wasn't illegal then like nowadays here in the Philippines and it's quite flavorful and tasty. It tastes like a cross between pork and goat meat. It's one of the favorite fares of American G.I.'s when you guys had a base here. Servicemen would eat a lot of dog meat cooked as Barbecues on sticks and Adobo. Hey what's crawdads?? First time I heard that word.

Crawdads are also known as crawfish, they're like a miniature freshwater version of a lobster they taste like a lobster but the flavor isn't as strong and you dip them in melted butter, but if they are cooked with spices then you can't taste anything really other than the spices, the meat is a bit more tender than a lobster if I remember correctly. They are a pain to eat because they are small, and it takes a little time to peel off the outer shell to get a tiny morso of meat within the main body, you don't eat the claws like a lobster unless they're the larger variety but where I went they were the smaller variety so the claws are thrown out with the body because they are tiny.

This will show you how to eat them and what they look like along with a size comparison vs the human hand, these are the size of the ones I had:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWipLPv9lw

Vegie dog was NASTY!