what's up for summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:14:25 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote: [snip
good plans]

swim, bike, run, bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that
is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Do at least one, hopefully two, 24 Hour races.

Get in one, hopefully two, verbal confrontations with promoters of 24 hour races on public lands.

> Make it to the AMB Idaho ride (I have family in Ketchum and have never been there in the summer).

Stay away from Idaho and all of the white supremacists there. They have guns.

JD

JD wrote:
> Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Do at least one, hopefully two, 24 Hour races.
>
> Get in one, hopefully two, verbal confrontations with promoters of 24 hour races on public lands.
>
>> Make it to the AMB Idaho ride (I have family in Ketchum and have never been there in the summer).
>
> Stay away from Idaho and all of the white supremacists there. They have guns.
>
> JD

Especially Farragut State Park in June... another Aryan World Congress planned. Myabe 15 people
will show up.

penny

> Ride.
>
> Get faster, smoother, and in better shape.
>
> Get better at trials-ish stuff. I can trackstand for a while now, working on doing it sitting, can
> hop in a circle (but only one way), tailwhips (again, only one way), so I need to work on that.

most people can only tailwhip in one direction. Would that be on your mountain bike? There was a
discussion on this in alt.bmx recently wondering about routing of brake / gear cables etc. I think
it was decided it would be possible if you ran really long cables..

Steve E.

JD wrote:
> Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Do at least one, hopefully two, 24 Hour races.
>
> Get in one, hopefully two, verbal confrontations with promoters of 24 hour races on public lands.
>
>> Make it to the AMB Idaho ride (I have family in Ketchum and have never been there in the summer).
>
> Stay away from Idaho and all of the white supremacists there. They have guns.
>
> JD

here's a bizarre number. If Gab and I show up for AMB-Idaho, that's a full 40% of the females of AMB
by my calculations.

penny

spademan o---[ * wrote:

>>Get better at trials-ish stuff. I can trackstand for a while now, working on doing it sitting, can
>>hop in a circle (but only one way), tailwhips (again, only one way), so I need to work on that.
>
>
> most people can only tailwhip in one direction. Would that be on your mountain bike? There was a
> discussion on this in alt.bmx recently wondering about routing of brake / gear cables etc. I think
> it was decided it would be possible if you ran really long cables..

I'm guessing he's not talking about real tailwhips...

Want to see an enormous (proper) tailwhip? http://www.freedombmx.de/bilder/newspics/taj.mov

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Do at least one, hopefully two, 24 Hour races.
>
> Make it to the AMB Idaho ride (I have family in Ketchum and have never been there in the summer).
>
> Not spend too much dinero on bike stuff, having blown my wad last year on new bike.
>
> With respect to the last resolution, have already ordered new Look 4 x 4 pedals @ $140, new Conti
> Explorer tires @ $80.00, and new SRAM PC-99 chain @ $30.00. Hopefully the rings and cassette won't
> have to be replaced before July. And am keeping old cables out of laziness to replace.
>
> --dt

Glad to hear you're trying to make it out for the Idaho Ride. Somebody's probably told you by now,
but we're scheduled for the second weekend of July. And Ketchum in the summer is awesome. Hot down
below, cool upper elevations. Weather unpredictable.

Our AMB wknd, will probably be about a hunnerd miles west, just north of McCall.

Paladin

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Here's some of my plans, goals.
>
> at least 500 miles... I did 300 last summer and that was July and after. Balance skills... I
> really suck and these so I'm going to practice more. Trackstands, unweighting front wheel.
>
> <snip cool plans>
>
> penny

Ride more with the kids and wife. Trip south to visit the Freak before it heats up. Race the SS at
Barking Spider in May. Or not. Join my CA pals at the Bordertown Challenge race in NV end of May.
Camp with the extended family and ride in NE Oregon early July. Explore trails in N. Central WA
around the inlaws' Orchard. AMB Ride in central ID. Ride the new circus trail cut in by Adman on
West Mtn. Shuttle-monkey riding at Brundage ski hill a few times. Annual pilgrimage to
Fisher/Williams Loop north of Ketchum. Explore the Owyhee canyonlands & Hells Canyon some more. Get
up to Bozeman, MT to visit my uncle & ride. Continue pursuit of my local riding goals, especially on
the SS. Take lotsa newbies out, beat 'em up and bring 'em back beggin for more. Try to keep my son
from whipping me at arm wrestling. (I give him 2 more years)

Paladin

spademan o---[ * wrote:
>>Ride.
>>
>>Get faster, smoother, and in better shape.
>>
>>Get better at trials-ish stuff. I can trackstand for a while now, working on doing it sitting, can
>>hop in a circle (but only one way), tailwhips (again, only one way), so I need to work on that.
>
>
> most people can only tailwhip in one direction. Would that be on your mountain bike? There was a
> discussion on this in alt.bmx recently wondering about routing of brake / gear cables etc. I think
> it was decided it would be possible if you ran really long cables..
>
> Steve E.

I'm talking about pivoting about the front wheel, not doing real tailwhips. If I tried real ones,
I'd be on the ground, bleeding, broken, and hurting.

Jon Bond

In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:
> Here's some of my plans, goals.

I'm gonna throw in my road riding goals here, too. In the end, as long as I'm on a bike, it's a
good season.

1) Start track cycling at the local velodrome.
2) Practice hill climbing as soon as the roads clear up. Then, when the trails are dry, practice
those hills, too.
3) Do the Golden Triangle ride. http://www.elbowvalleycc.org/tours/gt03.html
4) Go to Fernie with the LBS. At Fernie, push myself to really show up the poseurs on XC bikes. :)
5) Ride more road races.
6) Ride some XC races on my VPS...and place top 3.
7) Do some epic (80km+) end-to-end XC races.
8) Learn to really jump my bike. With flats.
9) Ride the MS90 bike tour. Mountain biking and raising funds for a good cause. Everyone should do
it. Where else can you get 2 days of good riding, have your food paid for, and do good for the
community, and have your accomodation for a $65CDN registration fee?
10) Ride Jasper with my LBS.
11) Keep riding even when it starts to get cold so that I'm ready for the Cross season. I'd like to
place well in a Cross race this year. If you've never done a cross race, try it. It's the kinda
race that makes you wanna puke. I don't know why I enjoy them.
12) Oh, and make EVERY group ride with my LBS this year.

Gee, that's a pretty full season. Let's hope the bosses don't get mad. :)

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"This is a dumb world. In my world, there are people in chains,
and we can ride them like ponies." - Evil Willow, BtVS

Ride the (EFTA) Bear Brook Challenge and the Watershed Wahoo, on my SingleSpeed.

Jan Sacharuk wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:

> 4) Go to Fernie with the LBS. At Fernie, push myself to really show up the poseurs on XC bikes. :)

I'd like to explore Fernie. We've done a lot of camping in the summer up behind there on the Bull
River; and of course skiing. It's gorgeous. We're hoping for a 3 day weekend with 0 kids this summer
so we can sneak away.

If I can get this together, don't worry I will be asking for ride suggestions.

penny

Jonathan Bond wrote:

>> most people can only tailwhip in one direction. Would that be on your mountain bike? There was a
>> discussion on this in alt.bmx recently wondering about routing of brake / gear cables etc. I
>> think it was decided it would be possible if you ran really long cables..
>>
>
> I'm talking about pivoting about the front wheel, not doing real tailwhips. If I tried real ones,
> I'd be on the ground, bleeding, broken, and hurting.

So you mean an endo then.

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Here's some of my plans, goals.
> >
> > -Just got a job at my LBS as shop rat/bike assembler/massah-mechanic-in-training. -A bigass box
> > of badass parts for my FS and HT (including, finally, my
> Next
> > LP cranks...drool) should arrive tomorrow. Gotta put all my new stuff on, then get it all dirty.
> > -Will be attending many East Coast (of U.S.) races, writing articles for local mtb publications.
> > -Build my training course by the end of March, increase skills exponentially. -Not spend the
> > whole summer drunk at Ocean City, MD. -Try to get in some sport class XC events. Finish last,
> > but smiling. -Meet ladies with which I can have long walks on beach, candlelit dinners,
> > discussions about politics, philosophy, our future together. By this, I

> > -Finally go to a real college, start last phase of Operation: Bachelor's Degree.
>
> Mmmmmm..... Thrasher's (Freedom) Fries!
>
> Bill "spent many summers wholy drunk in Ocean City" S.

Is Pizza Tugo's still down there? I used to bike deliver pizza for them around, jesus, 14 years ago?
Baked bagels at NY Bagel and Deli too, up by the Food Lion near the Green Turtle. /s old and sad

"FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> >
>
> Awesome! Love it.
>
> My goals are to get a group (weekend) ride at Tahoe, and another (or two) at Downieville. Last
> years rides at both were so much fun!
>
> Aiming for one race per month (starting last month).
>
> Head to Elco, NV and ride the mountains there (Erin's grandparents live there).

If you're anywhere near Wells, NV, over Memorial Day, there's an awesome race sponsored by
wildrockies.com. Beautiful course, that was laid out by riders, not lawyers. I'll probably be
flipping burgers afterwards in a big free bbq my group puts on.

Paladin

bomba wrote:
> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
>>> most people can only tailwhip in one direction. Would that be on your mountain bike? There was a
>>> discussion on this in alt.bmx recently wondering about routing of brake / gear cables etc. I
>>> think it was decided it would be possible if you ran really long cables..
>>>
>>
>> I'm talking about pivoting about the front wheel, not doing real tailwhips. If I tried real ones,
>> I'd be on the ground, bleeding, broken, and hurting.
>
>
> So you mean an endo then.
>

I thought endos were just getting up on the front wheel, not necessarily spinning...

Jon Bond Rock walk? ;)

In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:
> Jan Sacharuk wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>, Penny S. wrote:
>
>> 4) Go to Fernie with the LBS. At Fernie, push myself to really show up the poseurs on XC
>> bikes. :)
>
>
> I'd like to explore Fernie. We've done a lot of camping in the summer up behind there on the Bull
> River; and of course skiing. It's gorgeous. We're hoping for a 3 day weekend with 0 kids this
> summer so we can sneak away.
>
> If I can get this together, don't worry I will be asking for ride suggestions.

If you like, I can alert you as to when the LBS is going. If you come with us, there'll be lots of
people to party with. We'll be doing the chairlift runs, so if you're looking for XC trail tips, I'm
not really gonna have any handy. :)

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code
header to see my Geek Code
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Up yours, Zoidberg! Up wherever your species traditionally crams t'ings!"

- Hermes, Futurama

Status
Not open for further replies.