what's up for summer

On 12 Mar 2003 14:38:01 -0800, Paladin wrote:

> If you're anywhere near Wells, NV, over Memorial Day, there's an awesome race sponsored by
> wildrockies.com.

How's it for a normal JRA ride (compared the the stuff we know)? Is this a cool-weather-only ride?
How's the scenery?

I really have no plans for this summer, other than what you already know about. Nothing
bike-related, anyway. That only accounts for half of my eight weeks of sabbatical, though.

I just got the sudden inspiration for a Boise-Wells-Downieville-Ashland riding loop.

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 12 Mar 2003 14:38:01 -0800, Paladin wrote:

> > wildrockies.com.
>
> How's it for a normal JRA ride (compared the the stuff we know)? Is this a cool-weather-only ride?
> How's the scenery?
>
> I really have no plans for this summer, other than what you already know about. Nothing
> bike-related, anyway. That only accounts for half of my eight weeks of sabbatical, though.
>
> I just got the sudden inspiration for a Boise-Wells-Downieville-Ashland riding loop.

You big firm guys get sabbaticals. I'm jealous. But the course outside Wells is probably the only
truly scenic spot in NV <duck!>
IMO. It's beautiful, and you can read about it on the Wildrockies.com website. Then very close
nearby, (<10mi) with fun for the whole family is Angel Lake, up at about 7,000' (I think),
with snow year-round, waterfalls, great walks, spectacular views, pic-nics, hikes, and so
forth. The lake is in a big circ or tarn (I forget), but its cut out by a glacier in a huge
bowl. Maybe I can email you some pics.

If it looks like you're gonna pass through there, email me (not the address above), and I'll get you
the phone number of the owners of the property. They're a wonderful family that lets all us rowdies
onto their property for 3 days every year.

And Boise riding, it's just high desert singletrack, with the Snake River Canyon to the South,
Sawtooths to the NE, etc, etc.

Enough rambling.

Paladin

> [email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Trip south to visit the Freak before it heats up.
>
> It's time CDB. Though the weather can be day to day, the good days are here.
>
> JD

Just firming up a couple dates with Adam to run past you. Might be end of the month or early
Apr sometime.

Probably do another kamikaze run where we drive all night, ride 2-3 days, then drive all night home.
Wish I was younger sometimes.

Paladin

Good call. Just started my first real job so hope to keep myself free enough to ride most weekends
while maintaining endurance twice a week at the gym. Also hope to do more overseas rides cos
Singapore gets boring after a while. And to buy more stuff!

bloocow.

> Oh, and I'm gonna try and finally get a Hope mini on the back of the
damned
> bike before the rim finally wears itself the hell out completely....

... "before the rimmer finally wears itself the hell out completely..."? ;)

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Oh, and I'm gonna try and finally get a Hope mini on the back of the
> damned
> > bike before the rim finally wears itself the hell out completely....
> >

> ... "before the rimmer finally wears itself the hell out completely..."?
;)

Hehehe...quality! ;^)

Mike

****!

> Hehehe...quality! ;^)

Behave you two! I don't wear out easily, and I've been trying long enough to know that for
sure ',;~}

Shaun aRe