What's Up With All This SPAM?

Yojimbo_

Apr 17, 2005
I thought they had it under control, but now it's back. This is going to kill this forum - I can't stand it for much longer.

This site is now a farce which is a bloody shame - it was previously an excellent cycling community with wit , expertise and wisdom.

There is obviously no moderation any longer whatsover.

Have steps been taken to migrate to a working forum as this site is in ruins

Yojimbo_ said:
I saw that, but that isn't going to save this forum.

+1! All this SPAM is ridiculous! Who are the moderators on this forum, anyway??? Are there any moderators here? This forum is worth saving... and not just with the bandaids of individual user filters!

- nojiri

I emailed the site about all the spam last week, and didn't hear anything back from anyone (shocker!).

Obviously, nothing has been done, and nothing will be done any time soon.

I'm currently on the market for a cycling forum like this one (with knowledgeable folks chiming in) but that has moderators and threads together like most forums on the web. Anyone know of such a place?

Bailsibub said:
I'm currently on the market for a cycling forum like this one (with knowledgeable folks chiming in) but that has moderators and threads together like most forums on the web. Anyone know of such a place?

I usually come to this one or bikeforums.net, either to their Road Cycling or Training & Nutrition threads. The Road Cycling forum is pretty huge, so you might have to weed through a lot of trivial stuff...

Cheers! - nojiri

PaulMD created www.cyclingforum.info a while back, but there hasn't been a migration. There is the google wattage list, but it's not a place for laymen or beginners. I think the only ones left on this forum are the long term regulars.
Kinda sad because it seems every other bike forum is overrun with idiots.

nojiri said:
I usually come to this one or bikeforums.net, either to their Road Cycling or Training & Nutrition threads. The Road Cycling forum is pretty huge, so you might have to weed through a lot of trivial stuff...

Cheers! - nojiri

Be skeptical of the training and injury advice there. I've seen some god-awful advice on both.

Yeah, I was on that site years ago. That's why I included the word 'knowledgeable' in my earlier post. A lot of people on bikeforums don't know squat and they spout their uninformed opinions like their experts.

kennf said:
Be skeptical of the training and injury advice there. I've seen some god-awful advice on both.