whats up with the italians

Ephedrine is banned for reason. Period.

You guys, with your research, are only proving that I am right.

If a Yank tests positive for 'only' Ephedrine, that's OK. If Alexi Grewel has some stuff he isn't
supposed to, that's OK too. Its not like he took something really nasty, right? This is condoning
drug use - passively, but its the same end result.

Notice that Lance criticized Rumsas for being stupid. Not for drug use. Also notice that Postal says
that none of their riders use BANNED SUBSTANCES.

The bottom line is that drugs are in every sport and the current UCI policy just creates many grey
zones instead of black/white. Let the riders be like football and baseball players. Let them do what
ever they think that they need to in order to competitive.

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Lewdvig <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Lewis did test positive for steroids prior to the Olympics. The test was done by the US
> > Federation and ignored. Big news everywhere except the US about a month ago when the info was
> > revealed. Go to BBC and search for
Carl

Regarding caffeine: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jun03/jun26news3

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

Plus any advantage from the stimulating effect are offset by dehydration and irritated bowels. You
literally won't get far ingesting huge quantities of caffeine.

:^)

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <280620031353558065%[email protected]>, warren <[email protected]>
wrote:

> > In article <[email protected]>, Lewdvig <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > > The EPO example is good too. Gianni Bugno was complaining 10 years ago
about
> > > Indurain and others being on something. His words were something like,
'now
> > > guys who were not fit to be my domestique a year ago are flying past
me in
> > > the Cols of the Tour.'
> >
> > Didn't he get busted for a huge amount of caffeine in his system?
> >
> > -WG
>
> Regarding caffeine:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jun03/jun26news3

> --
> tanx, Howard
>
> Read. Think. Type. Send.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?
>
> For some people, quantity IS quality...

"Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Plus any advantage from the stimulating effect are offset by dehydration
and
> irritated bowels. You literally won't get far ingesting huge quantities of caffeine.

It depends upon how much time is left in the race when the caffeine is ingested.

Trolling, top posting "Lewdvig" wrote in message

> Ephedrine is banned for reason. Period.
>
> Let the riders be like football and baseball players. Let them do what ever they think that they
> need to in order to competitive.

So which is it?

Trolling for Sunkist, but I play nice with all the other kids.

> Trolling, top posting "Lewdvig" wrote in message
>
> > Ephedrine is banned for reason. Period.
> >
> > Let the riders be like football and baseball players. Let them do what ever they think that
they
> > need to in order to competitive.
> >

> So which is it?

"Khoomei" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:19:37 -0600, "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >how is it that 95% of all the positive drug tests are Italians. do they
not
> >know drugs are illegal? do they know the definition of illegal? what the hell?
>
> Because they don't test in Spain.

But they do.

Check this out (from cyling4all):

Last week the RFEC (Royal Spanish Cycling Federation) presented a list with 18 names of riders who
were "guilty" of doping use. Jose Cayetano Julia Cegarra (Spa-Kel) was suspended for 6 months and a
fine of Sw.Frs 2.000 for using a corticoide (in Tour de l'Avenir and Paris-Tours). Javier Pascual
Rodríguez (Spa-Ban) and Francisco Gutiérrez Alvarez (Spa-L2c) got a fine of Sw.Frs. 2.000 for the
use of a "doping-product" in resp. GP Mitsubishi and in the World Championships Under-23 of 2002.

The "user of the year" so far - in the opinion of Cycling4all.com - is Santiago Molina who was
suspended for 2 years for T/E > 6 (= ratio between testosteron and epitestosteron is larger than 6,
which could mean that he has used testosteron) in the Spanish Championships of Veterans of over 60
years !!! | (sources META2MIL and Frans S.)

If Bugno is strong enough to compete against doped domestiques than why can't Lance, or anyone else
for that matter?

"Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lewis did test positive for steroids prior to the Olympics. The test was done by the US Federation
> and ignored. Big news everywhere except the US about a month ago when the info was revealed. Go to
> BBC and search for
Carl
> Lewis.
>
> Re: Lance - the Actovegin example is great.
>
> The EPO example is good too. Gianni Bugno was complaining 10 years ago
about
> Indurain and others being on something. His words were something like,
'now
> guys who were not fit to be my domestique a year ago are flying past me in the Cols of the Tour.'
>
> The bottom line is, why does it matter? If they want to clean the sport, they can do it without
> killing it.
>

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "lazysegall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Two things. First, for clarification there is some evidence that lewis was taking steroids
> > > then as well. The evidence has just come out do a search or something.
> >
> > I'm not saying Lewis did or did not use steroids. Crackhead did not have
> the
> > facts straight. But where is the evidence?
> >

> > > On Lance are we saying that lance is doping with something that only
he
> > > knows about? That lance is taking EPO or speed and doesn;t get tested for it...or that lance
> > > and most other riders are using lots of questionable substances that are not banned by the
> > > UCI?
> >
> > It has been acknowledged by the antidoping community that antidoping
> process
> > cannot keep up with the products/substances available. They will always
be
> > trying to catch up.
> >
> > Examples: Actovegin wasn't banned until after journalists went trash trolling through US
> > Postal's garbage. EPO was on the market for about 10 years before a literal EPO test was
> > approved for use.

What is the reason? While you are at it, tell me why arsenic is banned?

news:p[email protected]...