What's with the holes?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by SC, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. SC

    SC Guest

    Tags:

  2. john

    john Guest

    The 'hole' thing sounds & looks fisheye to me, including the holy
    headtube, John

  3. Andy M-S

    Andy M-S Guest

    They're not holes. They're clear plastic stickers designed to keep the
    shift cables from rubbing the headtube. They *look* like holes, but
    that's an optical illusion.

  4. john

    john Guest

    Or as Robin said to Batman, "Holy headtube Batman"

  5. Andy M-S wrote:
    > They're not holes. They're clear plastic stickers designed to keep
    > the shift cables from rubbing the headtube. They *look* like holes,
    > but that's an optical illusion.

    Yup. Here's another example on a Vita.
    http://i15.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/3f/a9/c8_1.JPG

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  6. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

  7. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:23:42 +0100, "Lou Holtman"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"SC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Folks,
    >> Are there really holes in the head tube? What's that about?
    >>

    >http://cgi.ebay.com/Specialized-S-W...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
    >
    >There no holes in the headtube. That are patches of plastic to protect the
    >frame from cable scratches.

    If they used that sticker stuff on the entire frame, presumably you
    wouldn't be able to see it; great for a ninjacycle, but not too useful
    if you have trouble remembering where you parked.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  8. SYJ

    SYJ Guest

    catzz66 wrote:
    > SC wrote:
    > > Folks,
    > > Are there really holes in the head tube? What's that about?
    > > http://cgi.ebay.com/Specialized-S-W...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
    > >

    > At least the Spec Allez Elite has clear plastic plugs in the carbon fork
    > blades. If you go here and select "enlarge in flo red" you can see
    > them. I don't know what purpose they serve, if any. May just be for looks.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/aoskt

    See the monster thread from a couple of months ago about the Roubaix,
    Zertz, and marketing folks.

    SYJ

  9. catzz66

    catzz66 Guest