What's wrong with me?

Just Me

Guest
Over the winter I got used to riding the indoor trainer. I get a good workout in an hour, and I feel
good. Now that the weather is nice, I have biked outside only 7 times. And sometimes I think to
myself, why am I out here anyway? Last season I was out maybe 3 times a week, and I loved it. The
traffic just gets worse every year. Places that used to be country are now ex-urbia. And it didn't
help that I got bitten by a dog 2 weeks ago.

What's wrong with me?

Me

In article <[email protected]>, "Just Me" <[email protected]> writes:
> Over the winter I got used to riding the indoor trainer. I get a good workout in an hour, and I
> feel good. Now that the weather is nice, I have biked outside only 7 times. And sometimes I think
> to myself, why am I out here anyway? Last season I was out maybe 3 times a week, and I loved it.
> The traffic just gets worse every year. Places that used to be country are now ex-urbia. And it
> didn't help that I got bitten by a dog 2 weeks ago.
>
> What's wrong with me?

Not enough utilitarian rides. An investment in cargo carrying capability, like a trailer, or even a
milk crate on a rack, ought to provide some incentive.

If suburban dogs hassle ya, maybe pack along something that would be a satisfactory trophy to them.
Another poster here has, in the past, suggested Milk Bones. I bet a stinky old shoe would do the
trick, too. Plus, you could get rid of your old shoes that way. Hand the shoe to the dog, rather
than just hucking it at him. Let him think he just tore your foot off. Or, just swat the mutt on the
snout with it.

cheers, Tom