What's your CTL?

JohnMeyers said:
Do you guys feel a bit over-trained with 100+ CTL's? The last time I was above 100, I had finished a 21 hour week. Granted, I was following a more periodized training plan, so every 4th week had a low TSS total, but 120+ is kinda nutty.
The only time I had weeks with 20 hours, my CTL was 130. Right now my CTL is about 115 on 15 hours a week.

Woofer said:
The only time I had weeks with 20 hours, my CTL was 130. Right now my CTL is about 115 on 15 hours a week.
Wow, you boys get the intensity in, thats for sure!

JohnMeyers said:
Wow, you boys get the intensity in, thats for sure!

A CTL of 115 TSS/d on 15 h/wk (to mix time units :) ) would mean an average IF of 0.73...which is pretty typical, i.e., doesn't require devoting an inordinate percentage of one's time to high intensity training/racing.

acoggan said:
A CTL of 115 TSS/d on 15 h/wk (to mix time units :) ) would mean an average IF of 0.73...which is pretty typical, i.e., doesn't require devoting an inordinate percentage of one's time to high intensity training/racing.
Here's probably another Q for another poll ... what are your CTL ramp rates per week? Put another way, what is the average change in CTL from week to week?

Thanks!

Paul

Season peak 158; currently at 132 and TSB has been positive ~ 3 weeks.

It looks like TSS will fall between 47,600 - 48,000 for the year, or an average of ~ 131/day.

It's been a darn good season :)

hairball said:

It looks like TSS will fall between 47,600 - 48,000 for the year, or an average of ~ 131/day.

Hi Dave,
48000 for the year!! Wicked

rmur

hairball said:

That's huge.
It looks like I'll come in at about 30k for the year. Just a little less.
My CTL right now is climbing through 88.

I just let it "drop" to 65 this last week from 72. I'm going to push it as high as I can over the next two weeks before trying to peak for cyclocross.