What's your e-mail Lyndon?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Comanch09, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Comanch09

    Comanch09 Guest

    I need some more help finding meets. I e-mailed what I thought was
    your e-mail, but I'm not sure if it was the right one.

    Tags:

  2. Lyndon

    Lyndon Guest

    >I need some more help finding meets. I e-mailed what I thought was
    >your e-mail, but I'm not sure if it was the right one.

    Yes, you had the right address, I got your email, and sent a response, which I
    presume you got on 12/30. If, not, the response I sent is copied below:

    In a message dated 12/29/2004 10:20:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    [email protected] writes:

    Ok, I need a little more help finding meets to go unattached in. I have
    about six so far, and only two of them are college meets. The two college
    meets are, Solid Orange Classic, and Orange and Purple classic, at Clemson.
    The only problem is I don't know how to sign up for those colleges meets if
    I go unattached. So, if you could show me where on that colleges website
    you sign up on. Also, I would like to try to get some more meets in. These
    would most likely come from colleges. Some colleges I know of are, College
    of Charleston, Clemson (already checked there site, University of South
    Carolina (couldn't find much), and I guess any other colleges nearby, but
    lets try to find meets in South Carolina first, and then go outward.
    Another site I know of is www.scrunners.com. This site has meets in this
    state, not all unattached though. Go to the calendar section for meets.
    And, if you look to the top of the site, it has other states sites.

    This is what I have so far:

    3/05- Father Kelly Classic
    3/11-3/12- CCU Invitational
    3/26- Coaches Classic
    4/8-9- Taco Bell Classic
    4/16- Solid Orange Classic
    5/7- Orange and Purple Classic

    So any other meets you can find between March and May would be great, but
    not on the same dates I already have. For example, I need some for 3/19,
    4/2, 4/23, 4/30, 5/14, and 5/21. Also, the meet on 3/11 is on a Friday, so
    if I could change that one with one on Saturday, which would probably be
    better. Maybe its fine, because it’s also on Saturday, lets not worry about
    that one until the other dates are filled in. And the colleges I listed
    above, I would give you links, but I figured google.com could do that
    easier. Thanks for anything you are able to find, and I'll keep looking.
    Your best bet is probably looking in the college meets.

    I can help some here.

    First, 2005 is shaping up sort of wierd. Here in the Los Angeles/Orange
    County, CA area, where are usually so many track meets that you can hardly
    count them all......we don't even have a schedule for 2005. The issue (here
    and nationwide) may be that 2005 is a post-Olympic year, and people who held
    meets last year are trying to cut costs this year. So, it looks like we have
    to be patient (not so easy for people like me who peak for indoor as well as
    outdoor).

    I picked up one document from the Clemson website, which is important dates to
    remember. It lists a few events, and also a telephone number and an email
    address where they can be contacted regarding meets. The Clemson important
    dates document is attached.

    Many major universities which hold large track meets have outsourced their
    registration for their meets to commercial websites. The largest of these
    appears to be http://www.directathletics.com. You can sign up as either a team
    or an individual on directathletics, but you have to register (free). Clemson
    is using this website, as is University of Washington, where I'll be racing in
    2 weeks, and many other major universities (Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame,
    Florida, etc.).

    Directathletics also has a list of upcoming meets, which can be found here:

    http://www.directathletics.com/track/upcoming_meets.html

    Right now, this is perhaps the largest list of meets that we can depend on.
    There are some other places to look, such as www.trackinfo.org. Also, some of
    the people like flashresults, which provide electronic timing services, have
    schedules out. You can contact individual university/college websites for
    information about meets:

    http://www.flashresults.com/schedule.html

    Hope this helps,

    Lyndon
    "Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach
    Brooks Johnson

  3. Comanch09

    Comanch09 Guest

    Yeah, I got the e-mail. Thanks for the response, I think I forgot to
    respond. I'm checking some of the things and found at least one more
    meet. That adds up to about eight meets, if I go unattached. Thanks
    for the help.

  4. >I need some more help finding meets.

    I think many highway rest areas have what you need.

  5. Comanch09

    Comanch09 Guest

    That doesn't even make since. Yes, I'm sure its "supposed" to mean
    something bad, but it dumb, and doesn't make since. Fabul, go back
    hiding in the bush's at rest stops and smoking pole for truck drivers
    for free, ok. Oh yeah, and come back with a post that is the basic
    kindergarten response, "I know you are, but what am I", and show how
    really corny you are.

  6. Comanch09

    Comanch09 Guest

    Bad joke, once again. That doesn't even make since. Yes, I'm sure its
    supposed to mean something bad, but it doesn't.