What's your e-mail Lyndon?

Comanch09

Guest
I need some more help finding meets. I e-mailed what I thought was
your e-mail, but I'm not sure if it was the right one.

>I need some more help finding meets. I e-mailed what I thought was
>your e-mail, but I'm not sure if it was the right one.

Yes, you had the right address, I got your email, and sent a response, which I
presume you got on 12/30. If, not, the response I sent is copied below:

In a message dated 12/29/2004 10:20:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

Ok, I need a little more help finding meets to go unattached in. I have
about six so far, and only two of them are college meets. The two college
meets are, Solid Orange Classic, and Orange and Purple classic, at Clemson.
The only problem is I don't know how to sign up for those colleges meets if
I go unattached. So, if you could show me where on that colleges website
you sign up on. Also, I would like to try to get some more meets in. These
would most likely come from colleges. Some colleges I know of are, College
of Charleston, Clemson (already checked there site, University of South
Carolina (couldn't find much), and I guess any other colleges nearby, but
lets try to find meets in South Carolina first, and then go outward.
Another site I know of is www.scrunners.com. This site has meets in this
state, not all unattached though. Go to the calendar section for meets.
And, if you look to the top of the site, it has other states sites.

This is what I have so far:

3/05- Father Kelly Classic
3/11-3/12- CCU Invitational
3/26- Coaches Classic
4/8-9- Taco Bell Classic
4/16- Solid Orange Classic
5/7- Orange and Purple Classic

So any other meets you can find between March and May would be great, but
not on the same dates I already have. For example, I need some for 3/19,
4/2, 4/23, 4/30, 5/14, and 5/21. Also, the meet on 3/11 is on a Friday, so
if I could change that one with one on Saturday, which would probably be
better. Maybe its fine, because it’s also on Saturday, lets not worry about
that one until the other dates are filled in. And the colleges I listed
above, I would give you links, but I figured google.com could do that
easier. Thanks for anything you are able to find, and I'll keep looking.
Your best bet is probably looking in the college meets.

I can help some here.

First, 2005 is shaping up sort of wierd. Here in the Los Angeles/Orange
County, CA area, where are usually so many track meets that you can hardly
count them all......we don't even have a schedule for 2005. The issue (here
and nationwide) may be that 2005 is a post-Olympic year, and people who held
meets last year are trying to cut costs this year. So, it looks like we have
to be patient (not so easy for people like me who peak for indoor as well as
outdoor).

I picked up one document from the Clemson website, which is important dates to
remember. It lists a few events, and also a telephone number and an email
address where they can be contacted regarding meets. The Clemson important
dates document is attached.

Many major universities which hold large track meets have outsourced their
registration for their meets to commercial websites. The largest of these
appears to be http://www.directathletics.com. You can sign up as either a team
or an individual on directathletics, but you have to register (free). Clemson
is using this website, as is University of Washington, where I'll be racing in
2 weeks, and many other major universities (Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame,
Florida, etc.).

Directathletics also has a list of upcoming meets, which can be found here:

http://www.directathletics.com/track/upcoming_meets.html

Right now, this is perhaps the largest list of meets that we can depend on.
There are some other places to look, such as www.trackinfo.org. Also, some of
the people like flashresults, which provide electronic timing services, have
schedules out. You can contact individual university/college websites for
information about meets:

http://www.flashresults.com/schedule.html

Hope this helps,

Lyndon
"Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach
Brooks Johnson

Yeah, I got the e-mail. Thanks for the response, I think I forgot to
respond. I'm checking some of the things and found at least one more
meet. That adds up to about eight meets, if I go unattached. Thanks
for the help.

>I need some more help finding meets.

I think many highway rest areas have what you need.

That doesn't even make since. Yes, I'm sure its "supposed" to mean
something bad, but it dumb, and doesn't make since. Fabul, go back
hiding in the bush's at rest stops and smoking pole for truck drivers
for free, ok. Oh yeah, and come back with a post that is the basic
kindergarten response, "I know you are, but what am I", and show how
really corny you are.

Bad joke, once again. That doesn't even make since. Yes, I'm sure its
supposed to mean something bad, but it doesn't.