What's your favorite beer?

i another slightly beer related thread i was asking what ever happened to the snug.

remember years ago you could walk into a bar and you were presented with a chioce...a door leading to the lounge bar and one to the snug...?

what ever happend to Snugs...i havent seen one for ages...years infact.

MountainPro said:
********...who cares about your high morals and law abiding drivel...******** back to your sad little life. go on, beat it.
Tut tut tut, that's no way to talk now is it. Morals? law abiding? Moi? - the only reason I know about the law of a cyclist is that I was pulled over on leaving the pub after a 15 mile hike up a bloody hill and threatened with the breathalyser. But the copper didn't understand that whilst I was leaving a Pub I couldn't have managed an alcoholic drink due to dehydration....If he had cautioned me the night before however I'd had several drinks...BUT even so they cannot breathalyse you....so the law statement was to iterate that even if you were drunk you have to have caused some form of offence to even get a cuation.....sorry you got so wound up.....:confused:

MountainPro said:
i another slightly beer related thread i was asking what ever happened to the snug.

remember years ago you could walk into a bar and you were presented with a chioce...a door leading to the lounge bar and one to the snug...?

what ever happend to Snugs...i havent seen one for ages...years infact.
....and being a Yorkshire Lass, I can say "snugs" still exist in the more rural areas of Yorkshire.......but not down south where my local got rid of the pool room in favor of a family room....well I ask you can you see little kids in there after 9pm?:D

MountainPro said:
never wind up a scotsman...we have no sense of humour....just pool cues with nails in them.
Originally from Renfrew myself.....married a Scot... divorced the Scot now with a Scottish Boyfriend.....and you are quite right "he" doesn't have a sense of humour:D

SND said:
Originally from Renfrew myself.....married a Scot... divorced the Scot now with a Scottish Boyfriend.....and you are quite right "he" doesn't have a sense of humour:D
well you are from good stock then....Renfrew is just up the road from where i live in Ayrshire..

i wasnt jokign about having no sense of humour...ask anyone in here...

i got the impression you were one of these righteous do-gooders lecturing on the right and wrongs of drinking and cycling....its good to know you have 'followed the wobbly line' on a cycling journey from pub to home..

Me a do-gooder? you're having a Larf!!
Wobbly lines are my fave......long ago 1986 I went in search & bought my first M bike, A Marin Pallisades Trail,
but when mysef and the ex ScotHubcap went to the pub, uphill to get to....I first wenton my ancient Raleigh 3 gear to avoid "pinging" it on the very fast wobbly downhill return. Never did fall off, think the bike had a homing device. Country lanes, wobbly bikes u get the picture.

...then I decided to take the Marin....only to be bombarded on the downhill journey by a pair of Barn Owls....big buggers...I was OK but the ex hit the kerb and that was the end of his precious racer.......he, like you, had no sense of humour, especially on the subject of his racer being bent:cool: its sunny here....nice day for the top down

SND said:
nice day for the top down
:eek: .....shucks, i just realised you meant the car, didnt you...?

roasting here too...pity i am stuck at work..

mind you, i get heat stroke very easily when cycling in strong sunshine...

you know scotland...40C one minute, thunderstorms and hail the next..pretty extreme (on average)..

SND said:
....and being a Yorkshire Lass, I can say "snugs" still exist in the more rural areas of Yorkshire.......
i am getting images of 'last of the summer wine' ...i was in York last year..its all trendy night clubs and themed bars...i suppose i really need to get out into the wilderness in my quest for the Yorkshire snug.

SND said:
....and being a Yorkshire Lass, I can say "snugs" still exist in the more rural areas of Yorkshire.......but not down south where my local got rid of the pool room in favor of a family room....well I ask you can you see little kids in there after 9pm?:D
SND,

This family room stuff is all a bit out of hand over here to. It seems these days the women elbow me out of the way at the bar, while the new age husbands are huddled some distance away talking about nappy rash and such. :eek:

I thought it was an Australian phenominon.

Kind regards,

My favorite beer goes to Chimay. It is rather expensive here in Louisiana though. It sells for almost $8 a pint.

ChangMan said:
My favorite beer goes to Chimay. It is rather expensive here in Louisiana though. It sells for almost $8 a pint.

Chang,

Never tasted it. It sounds like liquid gold!

Kind regards

James Bruce Gil said:
SND,

This family room stuff is all a bit out of hand over here to. It seems these days the women elbow me out of the way at the bar, while the new age husbands are huddled some distance away talking about nappy rash and such. :eek:

Kind regards,
no no no no no no no NNNOOO!

a snug has nothing to do with families...it is populated with sleepy, ****** up pensioners well beyond anything in the family department...you are not allowed in if you are under 70 years old. Many from this board are frequent visitors.

MountainPro said:

a snug has nothing to do with families...it is populated with sleepy, ****** up pensioners well beyond anything in the family department...you are not allowed in if you are under 70 years old. Many from this board are frequent visitors.

MP,

We have bowls clubs over here to cater for the more mature citizens' who still appreciate a a social drink and a little of the other.

So in the real world snugs Do the blokes talk about incontinance nappy rash then? :D

It seems the old ducks hang around the bars at bowls clubs over here looking for the younger ones, say those under about 68 years of age.

Interesting phenominon this. Bearing in mind that I'm shortly to retire, myself.

Kind regards, :D

:eek: .....shucks, i just realised you meant the car, didnt you...?

YES the car:eek: eeek cannot imagine driving to work with the top off any other way - would scare the schoolkids.....well then they may get out of the road.

For some reason all the seniors at the local school pelt around on little scooters weaving all over the place, yesterday they wearing just shorts, doesn't anyone coach these kids on if you hit tarmac naked you are gritty toast.

James Bruce Gil said:
SND,

Kind regards,

Then you definitely need a SNUG mate, a little sanctury for the serious beer drinkers.....however Mountainpro did point out it was originally for the "wrinklies"

MountainPro said:
i am getting images of 'last of the summer wine' ...i was in York last year..its all trendy night clubs and themed bars...i suppose i really need to get out into the wilderness in my quest for the Yorkshire snug.

geez I though you meant in relation to the off on the sports car....then I was gonna say I don't resemble Dame Thora Hird nor Norra Batty for that matter

SND said:
geez I though you meant in relation to the off on the sports car....then I was gonna say I don't resemble Dame Thora Hird nor Norra Batty for that matter
perhaps you more resemble Ina Sharples..:D ..queen of the northern snug...

MountainPro said:

Snug's !!!!!!
They're alive and well here in Ireland.

And I agree, they're frequented by more elderly people who protect their lairs
and are loath to give up a spot in their snug, to anyone not under the age of

I put my name down for a place in the snug down at the local - they said "come back in about 30 + years, whippersnapper".
Hospitality ! Who needs it, eh ?

Thank goodness you said Ena - and not Martha Longhurst, who pegged it over half a stout with Minnie and Ena.

Well I don't wear a hairnet even with the top off :D