What's your favorite beer?

GERARDO said:
You drink the best beer in México (in my opinion), the Dos Equis XX Amber. As you, I think the green one is a ****....

Did you tried "Victoria"???, if you liked the Amber one you would like "Victoria" also. Another you probably would like is "Montejo", but it's hard to find since it's made by an independent company from Mérida. (meaning it's not a brand from the "monster" Cuahutémoc-Moctezuma company).
The best beer is always the next one...........

GERARDO said:
You drink the best beer in México (in my opinion), the Dos Equis XX Amber. As you, I think the green one is a ****....

Did you tried "Victoria"???, if you liked the Amber one you would like "Victoria" also. Another you probably would like is "Montejo", but it's hard to find since it's made by an independent company from Mérida. (meaning it's not a brand from the "monster" Cuahutémoc-Moctezuma company).
Yes, XX is the best, IMHO. Haven't tried the others you mention - too hard to find in my neck of the woods. :(

Michelob Ultra, low carb beer...less than 3.5 g of carb per bottle.

okay,

1, The bottle are about 275ml.
2, the stuff doenst exactly taste bad, it has NO taste...fizzy as hell,
3, the price...effin hell..£3.50 for a 4 pack

the remedy? Tesco own brand Belgian Low Carb Beer.

1, tastes good, like a decent beer should
2, its Belgian
3, 2.5 g per bottle (less than Michelob)
4, 330ml per bottle (bigger that Michelob)
5, cheaper...£2.99 for a 4 pack

i am not saying this is my fave beer nor am i on a low carb diet as such....just thought i would point it out.

thanks for listening..

PS i know i was ranting anout fat people drinking low carb beer...this is part of the rant, i am not going soft and started to kill by body by cutting the carbs. (yet)

MountainPro said:
Michelob Ultra, low carb beer...less than 3.5 g of carb per bottle.

okay,

1, The bottle are about 275ml.
2, the stuff doenst exactly taste bad, it has NO taste...fizzy as hell,
3, the price...effin hell..£3.50 for a 4 pack

the remedy? Tesco own brand Belgian Low Carb Beer.

1, tastes good, like a decent beer should
2, its Belgian
3, 2.5 g per bottle (less than Michelob)
4, 330ml per bottle (bigger that Michelob)
5, cheaper...£2.99 for a 4 pack

i am not saying this is my fave beer nor am i on a low carb diet as such....just thought i would point it out.

thanks for listening..

MountainPro said:
PS i know i was ranting anout fat people drinking low carb beer...this is part of the rant, i am not going soft and started to kill by body by cutting the carbs. (yet)

Low carb and still they pass gas with the same regularity,maybe more.
Where has Lim gotten to?

James Bruce Gil said:
Bill,

Believe me, you'd have to be a real man to drink the Guinness over here.

I second that. Coopers Stout is preferable to the locally brewed Guinness. A pox it and the cheesy faux-Oirish dives that dispense it.

My favorite beer when I can find it here in America is Scotland's Belhaven. It's not very common though. What a great tasting beer.

As for good American beer's: America's oldest brewery...
Yuengling Lager brewed in Eastern Pennsylvania.

It's so popular in Pennsylvania, new york , new jersey and the surrounding states...that it's simply called Lager. No need to say Yuengling.

Other than these, I like pretty much any dark beer with flavor. Why else drink it?

No matter how dedicated I ever get with training I will never, ever give up my #1 vice...beer!!

Tough to narrow down my favorite specific beer,as much as, the style of beer which is IPA's

Some of My Favs - The Top 10 List (not in any particular order)....

1) Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA
2) Russian River Pliny the Elder
3) Hoptown IPA
4) LaTrappe Quadruple
5) Zum Uerige Alt (only available in Dusseldorf, Germany ..tried many, many beers in Germany and Czech couple yrs ago--> this was absolute fav)
6) Sierra Nevada Celebration
7) New Glarus Brewing Wisconsin Belgian Red
8) 1998 Rogue Brewing Old Crustacean Barleywine
9) Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout
10) and finally can't leave out my favorite alltime session beer...it may be boring compared to the others, but it's a classic...Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Great thread!! Lots-o-fun for me

MSH

Newcastle Nut Brown Ale. Consistently one of the smoothest drinking beers around. Goes great with a fancy dinner, or burgers. For a hot day working in the sun, Labatts Blue Light. Cheap, crisp. Strangely better in cans than bottles, I think.

freeagent35 said:
Newcastle Nut Brown Ale. Consistently one of the smoothest drinking beers around. Goes great with a fancy dinner, or burgers. For a hot day working in the sun, Labatts Blue Light. Cheap, crisp. Strangely better in cans than bottles, I think.

Hah! I used to work with an expat northener who would get teary over Noocastle broon. He would sell his mother for a crate.

MountainPro said:
good question....first he gets a job here and the moment he is part of the establishment, he slinks off...!

Although I am a moderate I am somewhat semi-anti establishment.
So am I anti-Limerickman?
Lim, defend yourself!
Damn it is hot here, 80 degrees F at 6 am this morning, I don't have much fight left in me after my ride today .
Somebody younger take over.
Sorry that was just a side comment,I am delirious from heat exhaustion!

MountainPro said:
MP,

You have my sincere sympathy. If I had to pay that much for beer, I'd go back to making my own.

Our Australian $ is approximately 75 US cents ie approx 42 P and the really good beers here cost about 42 AUD for 24, 375 ml. I am not sure what the low alcohol ones cost but I believe it is about 27 AUD for 24 once again 375 ml bottles.

We have 6 packs of beer here, but the 4 packs are largely confined to the premixed spirits. There was a move here to introduce them but the whole- salers refused to handle them as they believed it was a plan by the brewers to encourage children to drink as the price was more within the pocket money realm.

The thing about fat people drinking low alcohol beer is that they have been driven to it by the breathalyser. There are elements of both fear and responsibility to it.

I don't think that they really believe they will lose weight by drinking it. After all, in my observation at least, it is always the obese that know all about the ins and outs of dieting when topic arises in a group.

We too have all become wardrobe drinkers because it is too dangerous to drink full strength beer at the pub and then cycle home. :D

KInd regards,

jhuskey said:
Although I am a moderate I am somewhat semi-anti establishment.
So am I anti-Limerickman?
Lim, defend yourself!
Damn it is hot here, 80 degrees F at 6 am this morning, I don't have much fight left in me after my ride today .
Somebody younger take over.
Sorry that was just a side comment,I am delirious from heat exhaustion!

Huskey,

Found you at last! I thought you must have been away on summer break.

The solution to heat exhaustion is beer! Lots of it its the only solution.

You know Huskey, I always thought of you as the pillar of the establishment in St Sara's de Beer at least. If you do intend to abdicate in favour of a younger man then we are going to foster along your successor from among the young lions in the sleaze bar.

The chill is coming off the mornings now over here now we have had a mild winter all in all; Spring is in the air and the young man's fancy is turning to cricket from football! The Australians are getting a bath in both rugby and cricket at the moment, so its frying pan to fire stuff.

Kind regards,

fatboy61 said:
I second that. Coopers Stout is preferable to the locally brewed Guinness. A pox it and the cheesy faux-Oirish dives that dispense it.
Aaaah, Cooper's -the King of Stouts! If only Cooper's would put it in a slightly smaller bottle - the 750 ml. bottle won't fit in the beerdon cage on my bike......

stevebaby said:
Aaaah, Cooper's -the King of Stouts! If only Cooper's would put it in a slightly smaller bottle - the 750 ml. bottle won't fit in the beerdon cage on my bike......
I thought I saw Coopers Stout in Long Necks when I was down in Perth last week. I was on the hunt for some Little Creatures IPA and was thirsty so i didn't pay much attention. Was it a vision, a Black & Tan premonition, or was it a snippet of reality? I don't know - I just grabbed two 6-packs and ran for the counter. A dry and dusty throat can do strange things to a bloke...

stevebaby said:

That's what yer jersey pockets are for :D

fatboy61 said:
That's what yer jersey pockets are for :D

FB61,

The other alternatives is to take a small swig and the rest will fit or mount another bottle on the seat tube and put half in each. :D

Kind regards,