What's your favorite beer?

runnercyclist said:
I would, really, but I keg my homebrew. You guys will just have to ride over to Imperial, PA and have a pint or 12 with me.

BTW, I tap my homebrewed pumpkin ale for Halloween on Tuesday. And Saturday is our Apple press for our cider making. Last years batch with cinnamon is wonderful.

RC,

You know I have heard that you can even make beer out of malt, barley and hops!

Kind regards,

staplemachine said:
Guiness stout...
Foreign extra 1st choice
draught 2nd choice

SP,

You know, Guiness is never as good as the daft is in Dublin. Usually, it seems that it is made locally under licence and nobody can quite match the water quality of the Liffey. At least that's my theory anyway.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
SP,

You know, Guiness is never as good as the daft is in Dublin. Usually, it seems that it is made locally under licence and nobody can quite match the water quality of the Liffey. At least that's my theory anyway.

Kind regards,
Whos the Daft in dublin?:)
Just kidding.
England is the closest to Dublin Ive had guiness.
Here in the west indies we bottle it under licence and it tastes much more bitter thicker and stronge than Draft and I used to prefer draft but over the years have grown to like the bottle foreign extra stout

1. Free Beer (except VB).
2. Any Beer after a hard ride or race (except VB).
3. Corona

rogue dead guy
deschutes black butte
90 shilling
macewans
sessions lager (great on a hot day)
<<< old chub
2 year full sail barleywine
guinness

staplemachine said:
Whos the Daft in dublin?:)
Just kidding.
England is the closest to Dublin Ive had guiness.
Here in the west indies we bottle it under licence and it tastes much more bitter thicker and stronge than Draft and I used to prefer draft but over the years have grown to like the bottle foreign extra stout

StM,

I think most who start drinking Guiness in Dublin end up a little daft and maybe that's what make the Irish so lovable!! I once had an Irish taxi driver tell me that it doesn't rain in the pub. :)

Kind regards,

DùghlasArgyll said:
rogue dead guy
deschutes black butte
90 shilling
macewans
sessions lager (great on a hot day)
<<< old chub
2 year full sail barleywine
guinness

DA,

Many favorites! I understand the principle, particularly when travelling. After a couple of days, I generally find a "favourite" local beer and start buying cases.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do ....Drink Peroni!

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
DA,

Many favorites! I understand the principle, particularly when travelling. After a couple of days, I generally find a "favourite" local beer and start buying cases.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do ....Drink Peroni!

Kind regards,
Well, living in the US state of Utah, where the liquor laws are somewhat skewed, one has to buy cases from all over in order to have a decent selection on hand!

I was definitely having difficulty narrowing things down! There are so many to choose from.

Can anybody here explain the fact that Budweiser, "The King of Beers," is the best-selling beer in the world? Good marketing might be able to get most people to try it once, but even the best marketing won't be able to persuade most people that it isn't carbonated goat ****.

Pendejo said:
Can anybody here explain the fact that Budweiser, "The King of Beers," is the best-selling beer in the world? Good marketing might be able to get most people to try it once, but even the best marketing won't be able to persuade most people that it isn't carbonated goat ****.

Because everyone likes horses, and it's better than non-carbonated goat ****.

Pendejo said:

Pendejo,

Its possibly because there are two Budweisers. The CZECH Budweiser is the original one and its not so bad.

Another contributing factor is very likely the ready availability of the North American Budweiser and brand familiarity. When you buy a case in an unfamiliar place, you usually try something you've heard of first. Then graduate on to something like Coors, Molsen or similar that you have to look around for and don't find in every store.

The final reason is shear desperation: Have thirst will quench!

Kind regards,