What's your favorite beer?

PseudoTrek said:
Root. The only beer I'll drink.
i think the question was aimed at the over 13s on the forum.

mind you, thats a lovely bass you have on your homepage...now, not even a madman in his deppest state of delerium would describe me as a musician but my bro has a few basses and a couple of custom fretless ones...none as nice as yours though....

MountainPro said:
Over 8's in Scotland.
Absinthe and Buckfast with a Gold Label chaser.
A bit of boozing history here. That prison in London 'Wormwood Scrubs' got it's name from the surrounding area on which Wormwood grew. This was used to make absinthe.
Those bottles of real ale that you buy in Tesco. Look out for one from Marstons by the name of 'Firestoker'.

How about Mrs Baxters Highland Games soup, and genuine cabers as a present from Scotland. Now we know where all the telegraph poles went.

MountainPro said:

mind you, thats a lovely bass you have on your homepage...now, not even a madman in his deppest state of delerium would describe me as a musician but my bro has a few basses and a couple of custom fretless ones...none as nice as yours though....

Wow! Thank you very much, MountainPro! I got extremely luck on that fretless one. But everyone who hears it says it sounds excellent, and even the music store that soldered the electronics said it sounded better than the ones on the wall. Whew!!! Was I ever so relieved THAT day!! Anyway, thank you for the kind words! :)

Oh, and the Root being the only beer I drink was a bit of a joke, though I actually don't drink anything with alcohol in it. I had my first and last drink experience one night in 1989, woke up the next morning [after passing out], and swore I'd never drink again. Never did again. Felt HORRIBLE!!! I guess Southern Comfort and Everclear wasn't the best thing to try for a first time. I was really stupid THAT evening. :eek:

PseudoTrek said:
Wow! Thank you very much, MountainPro! I got extremely luck on that fretless one. But everyone who hears it says it sounds excellent, and even the music store that soldered the electronics said it sounded better than the ones on the wall. Whew!!! Was I ever so relieved THAT day!! Anyway, thank you for the kind words! :)

Oh, and the Root being the only beer I drink was a bit of a joke, though I actually don't drink anything with alcohol in it. I had my first and last drink experience one night in 1989, woke up the next morning [after passing out], and swore I'd never drink again. Never did again. Felt HORRIBLE!!! I guess Southern Comfort and Everclear wasn't the best thing to try for a first time. I was really stupid THAT evening. :eek:
What's Everclear? Some sort of window cleaning fluid. Export it to Scotland, they love that sort of drink.

I'm not exactly sure [others may know more about it than I do] but it is a clear color, well into the upper regions of alcohol percent/proof, and even has a nice warning label on it that over consumption could be fatal. :eek: Yeah. I was a real moron that night. Scared the living tar out of one of my friends who opted not to drink.

FredC said:
What's Everclear? Some sort of window cleaning fluid. Export it to Scotland, they love that sort of drink.

Hell no! It is not to be used on anything as delicate as glass.Way too dangerous.

Everclear,PGA - Pure Grain Alcohol and a few others. A favorite of the college crew to mix with whatver and get smashed. Cheap and potent.
It ranges around the 180- 200 proof scale.
It aint't sipping whiskey.

jhuskey said:
Hell no! It is not to be used on anything as delicate as glass.Way too dangerous.

Everclear,PGA - Pure Grain Alcohol and a few others. A favorite of the college crew to mix with whatver and get smashed. Cheap and potent.
It ranges around the 180- 200 proof scale.
It aint't sipping whiskey.
Jeez, sounds like suicide juice.

"Wine is fine but wiskey is quicker. Sucide is slow with liquor"
Ozzy

Guess that statement would not be true with Everclear.

I'll stick with beer. I've heard of people passing out after just a few swigs on the everclear.

May have to go for a beer run now. Anyway todays thought of the day is

'Fragrance clings to the hand that gives you roses.' ancient chinese proverb

Lotto
http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/s.cgi?welcome-344
MagicZ4941A

FredC said:
hey, comon now...

thats a cheap shot...sure, floor polish and drain cleaner is the drink of choice among the yuppies in glashgow but we would never stoop so low as to drink windowlene....(the mere thought)..

everclear, shounds lik ethe stuff your average yorkshireman sweats first thing on monday morning after a hard weekends merrymaking..

Favorite Beer- Yuengling Lager, which is brewed about thirty miles away from my home town.

As for Everclear, I wouldn't recomend drinking it unless you need to get really drunk in a hurry. If I drink as little as four or five shots of it, I become completely smashed

FredC said:
Occasionally I used to pop in the both the Polish club as well as the Ukrainian club. Delightful people they were. It seemed that when they had had a row with the wife (everyday) that the first thing downed was a 150% spirit drink, they mellowed and drank with moderation after that. Lovely people who used to drink melted down dripping for breakfast.

PseudoTrek said:

Been there , done that : but isn´t being stupid part of growing up ? mind you , if your still doing the same ( binge drinking ) at 30 then you´ve got a problem - of imaturity if not actual alcohol dependance ( long name for a **** artist ).
But that´s part of the problem , we tell kids don´t drink untill your 18 or even 21 and then expect them to act like an adult with experience without any practice . What used to happen here in europe was that kids got to drink early but with watered down wine or shandy ( beer and lemonade ) under parental supervision - now parents don´t want to supervise so we´re seeing a change in the drinking culture of teenagers and it´s leading to social problems .
personally I´m happier seeing someone stoned on marijana than drunk in public because drunks are always aggresive and on the road lethal .

Fendercrazy said:
Miller Lite

Hales Pale Ale
I've never heard of the last three, in that case mines:
Colnago brew C50
Campagnolo Special Brew
Mavic Carbon filtered Leffe

el Inglés said:
Been there , done that : but isn´t being stupid part of growing up ? mind you , if your still doing the same ( binge drinking ) at 30 then you´ve got a problem - of imaturity if not actual alcohol dependance ( long name for a **** artist ).
But that´s part of the problem , we tell kids don´t drink untill your 18 or even 21 and then expect them to act like an adult with experience without any practice . What used to happen here in europe was that kids got to drink early but with watered down wine or shandy ( beer and lemonade ) under parental supervision - now parents don´t want to supervise so we´re seeing a change in the drinking culture of teenagers and it´s leading to social problems .
personally I´m happier seeing someone stoned on marijana than drunk in public because drunks are always aggresive and on the road lethal .
How far away is Estepona from where you live?

Great topic. I love beer.

I don’t think it is fair to judge different kinds of beer against one another. A stout is what it is supposed to be and an ale is supposed to be different. With that in mind, here are my favorite beers according to category.

Lager – Legend Brewing - Legend Lager (Richmond, VA)
Brown ale – Smuttynose- Old Brown Dog (Portsmouth, NH )
English style Ale - Wychwood Brewery – Hobgoblin Ale (Oxfordshire, England)
Imperial Stout – Victory Brewing - Storm King Imperial Stout (Downingtown, PA)
Stout - St. Peter's-Cream Stout (Suffolk, England )
Porter – Moon River Brewing - Captain’s Porter (Savannah, GA)
Pale Ale – Summit – Extra Pale Ale (St. Paul, MN)
Wheat - Flying Dog - In Heat Wheat (Denver, CO)

Many more possible categories but these are the ones I drink most often.

MountainPro said:
hey, comon now...

thats a cheap shot...sure, floor polish and drain cleaner is the drink of choice among the yuppies in glashgow but we would never stoop so low as to drink windowlene....(the mere thought)..

everclear, shounds lik ethe stuff your average yorkshireman sweats first thing on monday morning after a hard weekends merrymaking..

Nothing like some methylated spirits for the 12 year old wee cheeky neds. They often accompany their evening tipple with a bag of solvents doon the railway tracks or, like here in Aberdeen, at the graveyard.

Has anybody ever heard of Delirium Tremens? It is Belgian and it has a pretty high percentage, over 8% i think.

MountainPro said:
No all time fravourite but i am rather partial to San Miguel, Tennents (local beer), Guinness and most Czech beers.

I cant be arsed with all these silly low-carb beers anymore...
  • Cyclists who like an occasional drink should be aware that it is on offence to ride a bicycle (or tricycle) on a road or other public place whilst unfit through drink or drugs.
  • But, the police have no powers to breathalyze you or to take a blood or urine sample. It follows that refusal to give such samples is not an offence.
  • The police have to fall back on the old-fashioned tests, such as making you walk a straight line. They have to prove that you are incapable of having proper control.
  • The offence is punishable by a fine up to £1,000. There is no truth in the urban myth that they can dock points on your driving licence, should you have one.
Drinking & Cycling information provided by member John Lloyd, who is a barrister-at-law

SND said:
  • Cyclists who like an occasional drink should be aware that it is on offence to ride a bicycle (or tricycle) on a road or other public place whilst unfit through drink or drugs.
  • But, the police have no powers to breathalyze you or to take a blood or urine sample. It follows that refusal to give such samples is not an offence.
  • The police have to fall back on the old-fashioned tests, such as making you walk a straight line. They have to prove that you are incapable of having proper control.
  • The offence is punishable by a fine up to £1,000. There is no truth in the urban myth that they can dock points on your driving licence, should you have one.
Drinking & Cycling information provided by member John Lloyd, who is a barrister-at-law
i resent this insinuation...i am not the type to ride my bike half bladdered in the street...

perhaps in my bedroom sure but not in a public place..

MountainPro said:
i resent this insinuation...i am not the type to ride my bike half bladdered in the street...

perhaps in my bedroom sure but not in a public place..

Why the heck did he pick your reply to qoute? It wasn't like you were talking about getting blitzed. Besides, what cyclist in their right mind would get drunk and then attempt to go on a strenuous ride?

Thanks for the legal info dude, but who cares. Its not like its going to help any of us. Go flaunt your knowledge elsewhere.