What's your favorite? Informal poll

john_childs wrote:
> *young people don't have a car so they can't get to the
> good off-road trails. They have to make do with jumping
> around on urban obstacles instead of going on off-road
> muni rides. :)
>
> When you get a car you'll do more muni. :D *
John, you must live in a big city. Here in Taranaki we are
only a few minutes ride away from a selection of several off-
road tracks. You can find good tracks if you venture forth
in a car too, but there is definitely no shortage of MUni
locations nearby. There also must be young people who live
in Rural places which would have MUni riding locations
closer than Urban trials. Carol McLean wrote:
> *By the way, this wasn't set up as a poll for a very good
> reason: I don't know how to do that.
>
> Also, I wanted people to add options. Is that possible
> with a poll, or are you stuck with the options given? (If
> you vote in a poll, is it anonymous, or can you tell who
> voted for what?)*
Making a poll is fairly easy, just click add a poll and
follow the instructions. You can practise in the 'Test
Forum' (http://tinyurl.com/2khqv) if you want to gain
confidence before attempting your first real poll. It
doesn't let members add options, but if you make a request
to a moderator (AccordNSX, Gilby, harper, and maybe Jagur)
they can edit the poll to have up to ten options. I had
Jagur change my vote once after he added an option that I
had forgotten on the poll. You can't tell who voted for what
on most polls unless they post on the thread to announce
what they voted for, so in this case I think an informal
poll was the best way to go about it.

* M U N I ~ 2 6 * (i counted unibrier's
vote) Trials ~ 11 Street ~ 5 Freestyle ~ 5 Riding and
juggling ~ 2 Distance riding ~ 1 Racing ~ 1 MUni distance
racing ~ 1 Giraffe riding ~ 0 Ultimate Wheel ~ 0 Hockey ~ 0
Basketball ~ 0

--
Rowan - _________
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

I go for the trial, but also a little freestyle. Because in
a gym you can't practise trials. So than I practise
freestyle. But I love trials. So i vote for trial.

Ferko

Ps: this are the results:

MUni ~ 27 Trials ~ 12 Street ~ 5 Freestyle ~ 5 Riding and
juggling ~ 2 Distance riding ~ 1 Racing ~ 1 MUni distance
racing ~ 1 Hockey ~ 1 Giraffe riding ~ 0 Ultimate Wheel ~ 0
Basketball ~ 0 Walking the Unicycle ~ 0

--
eenwieler - One wheel is everything I need.

Eenwieler, Einrad, Unicycle, Monocycle. It is just the same!
eenwieler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3829

For one who usually likes to be picking the unusual option,
this feels rather conformist, but I have to say Muni too. :)
I haven't been able to do much lately, due to it being dark
and cold and raining too often, but for a while I've been
pavement riding 8 miles a day for transportation reasons.
Can't wait for some more good muni though.

Muni - 28

- Sam

--
redwelly - Panhead
redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518

redwelly wrote:
> *For one who usually likes to be picking the unusual
> option, this feels rather conformist, but I have to say
> Muni too. :)*

What is the world coming to when off-road unicycling is seen
as conformist? Aaargh! :rolleyes:

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

I have sometimes wondered: how would people who do muni feel
about it if muni was considered just as normal as mountain
b*king? Would it reduce the incentive, not being seen as
having awesome/insane/supernatural ablilities?

- Sam

--

redwelly wrote:
> *I have sometimes wondered: how would people who do muni
> feel about it if muni was considered just as normal as
> mountain b*king? Would it reduce the incentive, not being
> seen as having awesome/insane/supernatural ablilities?
>
> - Sam *

I MUni because I like how it feels; if lots and lots of
people started MUni'ing, I'd still MUni cause I like
how it feels.

--
Erin - Onewheeler

"You broke your leg doing WHAT!?"
Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

i was going to vote 'freestyle' till raphael came and
complicated matters '-)

Riding and juggling

Running totals are: MUni ~ 28 Trials ~ 12 Street ~ 5
Freestyle ~ 5 Riding and juggling ~ 3 Distance riding ~ 1
Racing ~ 1 MUni distance racing ~ 1 Hockey ~ 1 Giraffe
riding ~ 0 Ultimate Wheel ~ 0 Basketball ~ 0 Walking the
Unicycle ~ 0

we definately need more lurkers to post

--
GILD - Waffle-******

'SPACESHIP EARTH' (http://www.therainforestsite.com/home)

Namaste!
Dave

Add one to the Muni list.

MUni~29

I absolutely respect everyone's opinion on this. I have a
kid with virtually no interest in the trials/MUni aspect of
the sport, but who loves to get out on the road or easy
trails and just cruise. The rest want more physical
challenges. I also watched a comedian at the fair ride
around haranguing people and juggling for hours on end. He
and the crowds were having a ball and I could tell by
looking that he was very, very strong from the constant
practice, shoulder rides, juggling etc. "It's all good" as
they say:cool:

--
elmer - uniimpaired

"Oh, really? How many hours does it have in it?" (My 8 yr. old sons
response to my stating that this was the shortest day of the year.)
elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

If this survey were done again, we might be more specific by
dividing into urban trials (typically done on a 20"),
offroad trials (typically done on either a 20" or 24", Muni,
and Cross Country, but I'm splitting hairs.

I look for the same kind of trials challenges whether I'm
riding on the street or offroad, but it's more doin it in
the woods.

Muni 30!

Joe

--
merrill - Confinement Loaf

Smart Bomb + Dumb President = Weapon of Mass Destruction
merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

> -Originally posted by James- *I spent about half of
> today riding it on my 24" with 170mm cranks, needless to
> say most of it i just walked becase riding wasn't much
> faster lol *
James hasn't posted for a while, he's a bit of a lurker.
I'll put a vote in on his behalf, and if he wants he can
change the vote by coming out of lurk.

Walking the unicycle ~ 1

--
Rowan - _________
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:00:44 -0600, redwelly
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Would it reduce the incentive

For me, yes. Maybe if everyone rode on one wheel, I would
invent the mountainbike.

Klaas Bil

(I posted this yesterday on the newsgroup but it seems not
to have come through.)

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Would it reduce the incentive

For me, yes. Maybe if everyone rode on one wheel, I would
invent the mountainbike.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
What is the world coming to when off-road unicycling is seen
as conformist? - Phil

Trials =6

What's up the young people liking trials and the old
geezer's liking muni? must mean trials is harder or
something. :)

--
Eublapharis13 - Unicycle destroyer

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes.
Eublapharis13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4065