whats your favorite saddle???

Selle Viper -- original seat on the 2004 Giant OCR 1. Bought 2 more of these seats because they are so comfy. But they're heavy at around 320 grams?

My Selle Aspide Arrowhead with the cutout makes my butt sore.

Selle Viper -- original seat on the 2004 Giant OCR 1. Bought 2 more of these seats because they are so comfy. But they're heavy at around 320 grams?

My Selle Aspide Arrowhead with the cutout makes my butt sore.

Selle italia SLR, it is best ever racing saddle, or if you want make your bike wieght less. It is very comfy too :cool:

after a 10 yr hiatus from selle, i just found an old regal. and now my butt remembers how it is the greatest saddle of all time.

JohnO said:
Fizik Aliante. Expensive, but cozy.
Hello JohnO
I have an Arionne. When you are 50 miles from home it boils down to 50 miles of comfort or 50 miles of agony.
It is worth every penny.

I have an specialized avatar 143 on my Allez and it fits me well. Looks can be deceiving, I thought saddles that looked like these would hurt!! I may put one on my 'gasp' masi.....:D

Selle San Marco Regal, the king of saddles.

The old school saddles have been around for a long time because they work.

Bro Deal said:
Selle San Marco Regal, the king of saddles.

The old school saddles have been around for a long time because they work.
This is true. The Regal, Concors, Rolls, most any Brooks...they've been made and ridden for decades because they work well for thousands/millions of cyclists.

No 'flavor of the month' with these models. You just get on 'em and your ass thanks you.

I'm currently using one of those specialized body geometry gel saddles. Very comfortable for me. No regrets.

wugga said:
When you find a saddle that fits your bum, get a spare or two.

I agree. If you find a saddle you like, buy some spares. A few years ago, I was having terrible trouble finding a saddle that didn't give me grief.
A friend let me try his Litespeed Ultimate equipped with a Selle Italia Trans Am. Immediately I realized that was the saddle for me. I bought five of them and put them on my four road bikes and MTB. I also got two spares. I started riding in 1972 and during that time I never had a saddle that fit me as well (including some well-broken-in leather Brooks saddles of yore). The Trans Am weighs a bit more than some other saddles. I don't care. The saddle is right for me.

Specialized all the way. Can't remember which model it is (one on the Allez Sport) but its very comfortable.

Specialized Toupe, no more numbness anywhere.

Tried the Arione but my butt, had nothing but :)D) trouble. Each to thier own. I tried six before I found the one that suited me.