What's your highest cycling speed on flat?

On 8 Jul 2004 20:01:23 -0700, [email protected] (Chalo) wrote:

>> I quit drafting dump trucks after I tucked in behind one towing a pup.

>By which you mean what? And were there dire consequences for you?

One meaning of pup is the trailer that they put behind utility trucks
and such. Guess there is no reason you can't have one behind a dump
truck.

They can surprise, because they are narrower and tucked in behind the
truck's silhouette.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>,
Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2004 20:01:23 -0700, [email protected] (Chalo) wrote:
>
> >> I quit drafting dump trucks after I tucked in behind one towing a pup.

> >By which you mean what? And were there dire consequences for you?

> One meaning of pup is the trailer that they put behind utility trucks
> and such. Guess there is no reason you can't have one behind a dump
> truck.
>
> They can surprise, because they are narrower and tucked in behind the
> truck's silhouette.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

The worst, IMNSHO, is a "lawn mower truck!"

You know the p/u with a trailer wider than the truck with the mowers handlebars
sticking over the side at about a riders head level?

HAND

--
"Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness"

8 Jul 2004 20:01:23 -0700,
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Chalo) wrote:

>> I quit drafting dump trucks after I tucked in behind one towing a pup.

>By which you mean what? And were there dire consequences for you?
>
>Chalo Colina
>"hope he didn't mean a dog"

A trailer whose box fits inside the truck's box once its load is
dumped so the trailer's load can also be dumped.

It freaked me out as I'd never encountered one before so wasn't
expecting it. It appeared to have "Bad Idea" written all over it.
--
zk