What's your message?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Elyob, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=GADG&title=157831

    The TxFlare programmable safety system is a unique, fun way to make sure that your bicycle is
    visible in low light or night time conditions. The seven selectable messages can be seen as long as
    your wheel is spinning. With the TxFlare safety system you'll definitely be seen, and your message
    will be too.

    Tags:

  2. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    "Be good."

    Simon

  3. >The seven selectable messages can be seen as long as your wheel is spinning.

    Is that legal in the UK???

    Cheers, helen s

  4. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    [email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Is that legal in the UK???

    What? You want your message to be a question to prompt other road users to check if they're
    not breaking the law? Hmmm... very cunning, make them feel guilty and they'll behave better. I
    like it! :)

    Graeme

  5. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    > Is that legal in the UK???

    Nahh. Too long.

    Simon

  6. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:46:47 GMT, elyob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > With the TxFlare safety system you'll definitely be seen,

    Well, at least we can be confident the maketting droid that wrote that has never cycled in the UK.
    With three light-houses worth of candlepower strapped to the bike, I wouldn't be confident that I'd
    definitely be seen. You'd need enough photons that they're burning the paint from the bodywork for
    some motorists to see you, I think.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  7. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Ian Smith wrote:

    > Well, at least we can be confident the maketting droid that wrote that has never cycled in the UK.
    > With three light-houses worth of candlepower strapped to the bike, I wouldn't be confident that
    > I'd definitely be seen. You'd need enough photons that they're burning the paint from the bodywork
    > for some motorists to see you, I think.

    Much, much too long!

  8. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >
    >> Is that legal in the UK???
    >
    > Nahh. Too long.
    >
    > Simon

    Could just say

    Legal ?

  9. Mark McN

    Mark McN Guest

    Reply to elyob

    This wheel intentionally left blank

    --
    Mark, UK. Nobody can be lucky all the time; so when your luck deserts you in some fashion don't
    think you've been abandoned in your prime but rather that you're saving up your ration.

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

  11. On 2004-02-29, elyob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=GADG&title=157831
    >
    > The TxFlare programmable safety system is a unique, fun way to make sure that your bicycle is
    > visible in low light or night time conditions. The seven selectable messages can be seen as long
    > as your wheel is spinning. With the TxFlare safety system you'll definitely be seen, and your
    > message will be too.

    We have something that looks identical, but with a previous name. It looks like a re-release. The
    box says for 20" wheels, so it was going to go on a trike at Christmas. It didn't fit though -
    either the person that did the turning speed calculations used 20", and the body designer did 26",
    or ICE use an unusual spoke setup on their trikes. It worked well enough on a 26" hybrid.

    Software was a basic bit of Visual Basic. Sort of worked on WINE on Linux. Didn't work much better
    on Windows, but at least it found the serial port. I was wondering if anyone had worked out the
    protocol it used, so I could write a programmer under Linux. As it didn't fit the trike, I've not
    looked at it since.

    It is heavy enough to unbalance the wheel on the hybrid though. HokeySpokes look like an interesting
    alternative, more expensive but would balance on the wheel.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a
    one way street, _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/ Except in the Twilight Zone.

  12. On 2004-02-29, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "While you are busy trying to read this wheel you're probably running me over"

    Just things like X-X-X-X-X-X-X or *0*0*0*0*0*0 work well.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a
    one way street, _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/ Except in the Twilight Zone.

  13. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Richard Corfield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 2004-02-29, elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=GADG&title=157831
    > >
    > > The TxFlare programmable safety system is a unique, fun way to make sure that your bicycle is
    > > visible in low light or night time conditions. The seven selectable messages can be seen as long
    > > as your wheel is spinning. With the TxFlare safety system you'll definitely be seen, and your
    message
    > > will be too.
    >
    > We have something that looks identical, but with a previous name. It looks like a re-release. The
    > box says for 20" wheels, so it was going to go on a trike at Christmas. It didn't fit though -
    > either the person that did the turning speed calculations used 20", and the body designer did 26",
    > or ICE use an unusual spoke setup on their trikes. It worked well enough on a 26" hybrid.
    >
    > Software was a basic bit of Visual Basic. Sort of worked on WINE on Linux. Didn't work much better
    > on Windows, but at least it found the serial port. I was wondering if anyone had worked out the
    > protocol it used, so I could write a programmer under Linux. As it didn't fit the trike, I've not
    > looked at it since.
    >
    > It is heavy enough to unbalance the wheel on the hybrid though. HokeySpokes look like an
    > interesting alternative, more expensive but would balance on the wheel.
    >
    > - Richard

    As SimonB said .. far too long ;)