What's your mileage this week (11/11-17)?

Wurm

Aug 6, 2004
Starting from yesterday (Fri.) back to last Sat., I ended up with 125.5 miles, which is not bad for me considering how bad the weather usually is here in November. 42 of those miles were in nasty wind conditions that I hope I won't be repeating any time soon. :eek: :mad:

It's getting harder to get my cycling buds out to join me - I think they're all sick of riding for the year! :(

Mileage the week 11/11/06 to 17/11/06 was 145 miles : work has been the main reason why I couldn't get more miles in and the fact that it only gets bright at 8.00am and is dark by 5.00pm.

This morning I did 43 miles :

Weather here hasn't been great - very cold for the past two days and it's raining here today.

But I agree - I see far fewer cyclists out on the road at this time of year!

limerickman said:
Mileage the week 11/11/06 to 17/11/06 was 145 miles :

This morning I did 43 miles :

Weather here hasn't been great - very cold for the past two days and it's raining here today.

But I agree - I see far fewer cyclists out on the road at this time of year!
:cool: !

I see you've been busy as well, Lim. And here I thought all you did was slump over the keyboard all day...quaffing Murphy's Stout, modding the lovely pack of miscreants on YBSB, and watching net ****! ;)

Seriously though, I might try to match your 43 miles later today if this wind dies off some...

This week, or for that matter, the past two weeks, I have done the minimal amount. I was going to do a 122 mile sponsored ride today, but it didn't work out. This week, starting last Saturday, and ending today, I have done 110, but that is okay, 'cause I am just entering the "heaviest workout is running to the fridge. I tend to do one set of six" phase of my workout plan. I don't know why, but at around this time of every year, I literally take like a week or two of doing nothing. It feels awful getting back on the bike, or doing anything else, for that matter. I try, but I just can't fit it in around all the stuff going on.:(

bikedude40k said:
This week, or for that matter, the past two weeks, I have done the minimal amount. I was going to do a 122 mile sponsored ride today, but it didn't work out. This week, starting last Saturday, and ending today, I have done 110, but that is okay, 'cause I am just entering the "heaviest workout is running to the fridge. I tend to do one set of six" phase of my workout plan. I don't know why, but at around this time of every year, I literally take like a week or two of doing nothing. It feels awful getting back on the bike, or doing anything else, for that matter. I try, but I just can't fit it in around all the stuff going on.:(

Rest is as important as getting in training spins/racing.
If you're training/racing and holding down a job, you need to have a social/family life as well.
Therefore time is limited for training/racing but it's also limited for resting as well.

Therefore it's important that when you train, that you also get the requisite amount of rest also.

This time of the year (northern hemisphere), 100 mile + per week is good going.

Well, I said 'screw it'. I guess today was a good day to be off the bike. When it gusts up to 30 MPH it's more trouble than it's worth on aero wheels. Tomorrow's another day.

180 miles this week. New bike and a century to ride this coming Saturday means getting the cables bedded in and a service tomorrow.

We are coming into Summer down under, though with our weather this morning you could have fooled me :rolleyes:

214 miles this week. Fairly light training loads this time of year. Will ramp it up beginning mid-December.

POGATA said:
training duration is better!
I don't get what you're trying to say. More hours on the bike is better than...riding in high winds? :confused: That I'd agree with!

Anyway, the wind has finally gone...just in time for our scheduled century today starting at 9 a.m. with a dozen or so of the locals we've rounded up. Temps are forecast for no higher than 40F where we're going, so it's time to break out the leg-warmers & such.

This is one of only 3 centuries I do a year - in July, Sept., and Nov., but I get plenty of 60-70+ milers on. As Lim said, between other commitments, other mileage, rest days, it's hard to take pretty much a whole day just for the bike anymore. :(

For me, the main thing is setting a goal and then trying to meet it, whether it is mileage totals, or terrain/type of route, average speed, etc.

340km, but that's an odd "week" for me. I'm a Monday through Sunday guy.

11/13-11/19 was 458km