Whats your poison

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Simon, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
    ride......bike wise.

    mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg

    Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name and
    I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.

    Simon

    ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
    The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
    for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
    reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

    The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
    Tau-Designs.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
    > ride......bike wise.
    >
    > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    >
    > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
    > and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.

    http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html

    A mountain bike. Meant to be ridden up and down mountains. Not over stairs and curbs and little
    man-made bumps in a field. This is, after all, alt.MOUNTAIN-bike, not alt.adult.bmx nor alt.bmx nor
    rec.motorcycles-without-engines.dirt.

    Cheerio, Greg

    --
    "Loose the Mekons, came the cheer"

  4. Simon wrote:
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
    > ride......bike wise.
    >
    > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    >
    > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
    > and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
    >
    > Simon

    The Quiver.

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/Fleet.html

    The Surly 1x1 no longer counts...

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

  5. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:13:25 -0000, Simon wrote:
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
    > ride......bike wise.

    I don't really ride a bike. I just hang around here and pretend, cause you guys are so cool.

    http://bdbauer.tripod.com/bikes/

  6. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    Ouzo!

    Oh wait...you meant my biiiike.

    My bike, "the Studebaker", is a very old and gravely ill Specialized. I am currently looking for a
    lighter replacement.

    gabrielle, "keepin' it rigid!" ;)

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:13:25 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
    >ride......bike wise.

    Bianchi D.I.S.S

    :-]

  8. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
    wondering
    > what each of you ride......bike wise.

    Marin Quake 7.0

  9. Gman

    Gman Guest

    The one that matters: http://www.geocities.com/glaprade/SS/

    --
    Gman

  10. David

    David Guest

    http://www.pbase.com/david_101/

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
    wondering
    > what each of you ride......bike wise.
    >
    > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    >
    > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
    > and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
    >
    > Simon

    > ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
    > The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
    > solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
    else
    > is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
    distribution
    > or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
    prohibited
    > and may be unlawful.
    >
    > The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
    > or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk

  11. Westridge

    Westridge Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
    wondering
    > what each of you ride......bike wise.
    >
    > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    >
    > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
    > and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
    >
    > Simon

    The old: http://www.pbase.com/image/8331450 Pretty much hammered this one. Made a few very minor
    changes like tires, flipping stems upside down, adding clipless pedals etc, etc but it got me
    started and I've pretty well put the money into the new rather than make a lot of upgrades.

    The new: http://www.pbase.com/image/8331460 So new that I'm still trying to break stuff on it.

    Westie

  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
    wondering
    > what each of you ride......bike wise.

    This used to be a mountain bike group, but lately it's turned into an ADULT BMX Group (read;
    Singlespeeds) I'm just glad there are a wealth of sites about mountain biking...this ones dying
    (albeit, slowly)

    Dave

  13. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/cx11.jpg

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/cx13.jpg

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/nrscring.jpg

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/phantomtank.jpg

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/xlm3.jpg

  15. Anthony Sloan wrote:

    > Simon wrote:
    >
    >> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
    >> ride......bike wise.
    >>
    >> mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    >>
    >> Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
    >> and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
    >>
    >> Simon
    >>

    > The Quiver.
    >
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Fleet.html
    >
    > The Surly 1x1 no longer counts...

    Anthony, I've always wondered whats with the extra cog in the surly's drivetrain, between the
    rear cog and the crankset... I kinda see how it would keep tension, but wouldn't it end up
    causing more problems?

    Jon "Commander" Bond

  16. "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon wrote:
    > > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
    wondering
    > > what each of you ride......bike wise.
    > >
    > > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    > >
    > > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email
    it
    > > to me with your name and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
    >
    > http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html
    >
    > A mountain bike. Meant to be ridden up and down mountains. Not over stairs and curbs and little
    > man-made bumps in a field. This is, after
    all,
    > alt.MOUNTAIN-bike, not alt.adult.bmx nor alt.bmx nor rec.motorcycles-without-engines.dirt.
    >
    > Cheerio, Greg

    http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/the_bike.htm

    a mountain bike, in its natural environment, not propped against a bench in a park....

  17. Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/shaun.htm
    >
    > There's not much the bike can't be set up to do - shame the same can't be said for me.

    And here's mine: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bikes.html

    Like Shaun's mine's changed massively since that photo. The Azonic World Force risers have gone to
    be replaced by a Ritchey WCS flat bar and bar ends (they're back in fashion - no, honestly). The
    classic '95 DH Judy's have given way to a pair of 'zocchi MXR forks, the USE seat post snapped, so
    that's been replaced by an X-Lite Click-on and the seat is now a Flite Trans Am Max. Oh, and it's
    been upgraded to spiffy 8 speed. Also fortunately, I've moved away from the horrible kitchen and
    furniture :)

    Also have a Standard STA bmx, but I've not got pictures of that up yet.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  18. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Simon wrote:
    > > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
    wondering
    > > what each of you ride......bike wise.
    > >
    > > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
    > >
    > > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email
    it
    > > to me with your name and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
    >
    > http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html
    >
    > A mountain bike. Meant to be ridden up and down mountains. Not over stairs and curbs and little
    > man-made bumps in a field. This is, after
    all,
    > alt.MOUNTAIN-bike, not alt.adult.bmx nor alt.bmx nor rec.motorcycles-without-engines.dirt.
    >
    > Cheerio, Greg
    >
    > --
    > "Loose the Mekons, came the cheer"

    nor alt.Singlespeeds.are.mountain.bikes.too

    I love the drops. You have latent roadie tendencies don't you? (j/k, G.T, your the greatest!)

    Dave