Whats your poison

"John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > > http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/shaun.htm
> > >
> > > There's not much the bike can't be set up to do - shame the same can't
> be
> > > said for me.
> >
> > And here's mine: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bikes.html
> >
> > Like Shaun's mine's changed massively since that photo. The Azonic World Force risers have gone
> > to be replaced by a Ritchey WCS flat bar and bar ends (they're back in fashion - no, honestly).
> > The classic '95 DH Judy's have given way to a pair of 'zocchi MXR forks, the USE seat post
> > snapped, so that's been replaced by an X-Lite Click-on and the seat is now a Flite Trans Am Max.
> > Oh, and it's been upgraded to spiffy 8 speed. Also fortunately, I've moved away from the
> > horrible kitchen and furniture :)
>
> you gain enormous respect for the flat bar and bar ends and removing the kitchen furniture (how
> Luxembourgeois!)
>
> I take it you only had the Judy's because they were red?

I thought you were going to lose the pop-ups as well? a few are getting past my killer - being a net
geek can you recommend a killer that screws your own ads?

John Atkinson wrote:
> "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>>

>>>http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/shaun.htm
>>>
>>>There's not much the bike can't be set up to do - shame the same can't
>>
> be
>
>>>said for me.
>>
>>And here's mine: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bikes.html
>>
>>Like Shaun's mine's changed massively since that photo. The Azonic World Force risers have gone to
>>be replaced by a Ritchey WCS flat bar and bar ends (they're back in fashion - no, honestly). The
>>classic '95 DH Judy's have given way to a pair of 'zocchi MXR forks, the USE seat post snapped, so
>>that's been replaced by an X-Lite Click-on and the seat is now a Flite Trans Am Max. Oh, and it's
>>been upgraded to spiffy 8 speed. Also fortunately, I've moved away from the horrible kitchen and
>>furniture :)
>

> you gain enormous respect for the flat bar and bar ends and removing the kitchen furniture (how
> Luxembourgeois!)

Actually, the furniture's still there, I just left the flat :)

> I take it you only had the Judy's because they were red?

That, and the fact that when I bought them, they were the cutting edge of technology and had the
most travel of any fork - a whopping 80mm.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Slacker wrote:
> "Pea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Mine
>>
>>Mountain Cycle Tremor FR-1 http://www.pea-is.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bike/FR-1_right.jpg
>>
>>Now got Romic rear shock
>

> Yee Haw....very nice indeed!!! Another brother with balls.

Balls? Where's the balls in riding a couch?

Greg

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

> Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Dave wrote:
>
> > >This used to be a mountain bike group, but lately it's turned into an
> ADULT
> > >BMX Group (read; Singlespeeds) I'm just glad there are a wealth of sites about mountain
> > >biking...this
> ones
> > >dying (albeit, slowly)
> > >
> > >Dave
> > >

> > Hmm back lash against singlespeeds. That's sorta like boycotting a
> boycott.
> >
> > In seriousness, a singlespeed mountian bike is a very different beastie than a bmx bike. Sounds
> > like you need to go ride with some singlespeeders. Rest assured, a singlespeed mountain bike IS
> > a mountain bike.
> >
> > And here's the cliche: No one's forcing you to read this, unless you are being held captive by a
> > particularly bizarre and cruel terrorist cell.
>
> No, he's being held captive by a particularly bizarre and stupid brain
cell.

> Shaun aRe - HTH.

sounds like a close diagnosis Dr. Rim-job.

Dave (bizarre and stupid.)

John Atkinson wrote:

> I thought you were going to lose the pop-ups as well?

Not as such. I was going to transfer all the stuff on to a new server at home, except the DSL's not
installed yet. Hopefully, by the end of next week I should have everything sorted. Then I just have
to worry about DNS, domain registration, static IPs...

a few are getting past
> my killer - being a net geek can you recommend a killer that screws your own ads?

The sure fire way of doing it is to disable Javascript, but that will screw up going to
some websites.

This subject was recently discussed on alt.hacker and the concensus was that the best way is to
block the domains from where the pop ups originate (ad.doubleclick.net, etc):
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm - contains a program, that will automatically add
tons of these sites to to your 'Restricted Zone' list in IE. It is based on the hosts file compiled
by Stephen Martin (http://www.smartin-designs.com)

If you're looking for software, try http://www.webwasher.com, which was also recommended.

--

Michael Dart wrote:
> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Yeah, cross bikes are fun. Getting a handjob is just the frosting on the cake.
>>
>>http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/hj_lrg_jpg.jpg
>>

>>--
>>Pete Fagerlin http://www.petefagerlin.com
>>

> That's why you shouldn't have sex in the kitchen. ;^)
>
> But seriously, why don't bike manufacturers do things with style like that anymore?
>
> Mike - Note to self. Don't eat cake at Pete's house.

They do, ya just gotta look harder these days.

http://www.vanillabicycles.com/vancross3.jpg

Droooooooooooolllllll...

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

> Slacker wrote:
> > "Pea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Mine
> >>
> >>Mountain Cycle Tremor FR-1 http://www.pea-is.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/bike/FR-1_right.jpg
> >>
> >>Now got Romic rear shock
> >

> > Yee Haw....very nice indeed!!! Another brother with balls.
> >

> Balls? Where's the balls in riding a couch?
>
> Greg

Why don't you go ride that drop-bar thingy of yours down Ventura Blvd.
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Slacker wrote:
>>
>>>"Pea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Yee Haw....very nice indeed!!! Another brother with balls.
>>>

>>Balls? Where's the balls in riding a couch?
>>
>>Greg
>

> Why don't you go ride that drop-bar thingy of yours down Ventura Blvd.

Why? I ride it places like this:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/pacifico/single.html

That was one of the few smooth sections where I felt comfortable pulling my hands off the bars to
snap a photo. All the while doing about 45 mph with no helmet, no brakes, no suspension, no
knobbies, no fear, all because I have BIG BALLS!

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

> Dave <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > ADULT
> biking...this
> > > ones

> > > boycott.

> beastie
> mountain

> are
> > >
> > > No, he's being held captive by a particularly bizarre and stupid brain
> > cell.
> > >
> > > Shaun aRe - HTH.
> >
> > sounds like a close diagnosis Dr. Rim-job.
> >
> > Dave (bizarre and stupid.)
>
> Bizarrely stupid would be a more accurate description of your behaviour.
You
> keep letting me help you look a fool, and coming back for more,
repeatedly,
> just makes it so much easier for me.

With your intellect, someone has to make things easy for you. And here's a wake up call. You are the
only fool in this conversation. But you're too stupid to see it.

> Shaun aRe - You couldn't stand up to a gentle breeze.

only if that breeze is you blowing me, you scrawny, no neck, can't get a life off of usenet, wish i
was American wannabe...

Dave (blow baby blow!)

Oh yeah, I see now, more 'freeride' than DH. If you look closer its got a front mech + 2 chainrings
(probably can't see them). Cheers for the comments

> "Pea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I love it, a question though, why 'a brother with balls'? i guess brother cos of
the
> > Shivers.
> >

> Well that's one reason. Please don't tell us you only ride that thing to the store, you do ride it
> DH don't you? We assumed that it being a DH
bike
> you'd be a DH brother as well.
>
> Mike

> Slacker wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Balls? Where's the balls in riding a couch?
> >>
> >>Greg
> >

> > Why don't you go ride that drop-bar thingy of yours down Ventura Blvd.
> >

> Why? I ride it places like this:
>
> http://www.2fortheroad.net/pacifico/single.html
>
> That was one of the few smooth sections where I felt comfortable pulling my hands off the bars to
> snap a photo. All the while doing about 45 mph with no helmet, no brakes, no suspension, no
> knobbies, no fear, all because I have BIG BALLS!
>
> Greg

ROTFL.....ok, ok you win!

"I'm ever upper class high society God's gift to ballroom notoriety I always fill my ballroom the
event is never small the social pages say I've got the biggest balls of all

oh, I've got big balls I've got big balls and they're such big balls dirty big balls and he's got
big balls and she's got big balls but we've got the biggest balls of them all

and my balls are always bouncing my ballroom always full and everybody cums and cums again if your
name is on the guest list no-one can take you higher everybody says I've got great balls of fire

some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress but when they're held for pleasure they're
the balls that I like best my balls are always bouncing to the left and to the right it's my belief
that my big balls should be held every night"

--
Slacker

You mean like this http://www.pbase.com/image/8363730 ?
--
Slacker

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:03:33 GMT, G.T. wrote:

> http://www.2fortheroad.net/pacifico/single.html
>
> That was one of the few smooth sections where I felt comfortable pulling my hands off the bars to
> snap a photo. All the while doing about 45 mph with no helmet, no brakes, no suspension, no
> knobbies, no fear, all because I have BIG BALLS!

Don't let him fool you - I've seen him in tights. ;-)

Just kidding - great picture! Beats the **** out of the nasty mess up here.

> Slacker wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Balls? Where's the balls in riding a couch?
> >>
> >>Greg
> >

> > Why don't you go ride that drop-bar thingy of yours down Ventura Blvd.
> >

> Why? I ride it places like this:
>
> http://www.2fortheroad.net/pacifico/single.html
>
> That was one of the few smooth sections where I felt comfortable pulling my hands off the bars to
> snap a photo. All the while doing about 45 mph with no helmet, no brakes, no suspension, no
> knobbies, no fear, all because I have BIG BALLS!
>
> Greg

Ooooo....you lie, you lie....I really expected more from you GT....your riding bud just emailed me
the next sequence shot of you from your above pic http://www.pbase.com/image/8365550 . I really
thought you were a better rider than that <heavy sigh>
--
Slacker

> Dave <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Weight weenie.
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe a weenie weenie!
>
> Oh my god, you're _8_.....unfreakingbelievable.......

just another faceless e-tard on Usenet, why should you believe in me!

Dave (must be true, Jerry say's so!)

Slacker wrote:
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:p[email protected]...
>>
>>>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>news:[email protected]...

>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Why don't you go ride that drop-bar thingy of yours down Ventura Blvd.
>>>--
>>>Slacker
>>>

>>Maybe JD will lend him his tutu for the ride.
>>
>>Mike
>

> You mean like this http://www.pbase.com/image/8363730 ?

Is that Mike?

Greg
--

Slacker wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Why? I ride it places like this:
>>
>>http://www.2fortheroad.net/pacifico/single.html
>>
>>That was one of the few smooth sections where I felt comfortable pulling my hands off the bars to
>>snap a photo. All the while doing about 45 mph with no helmet, no brakes, no suspension, no
>>knobbies, no fear, all because I have BIG BALLS!
>>
>>Greg
>

> Ooooo....you lie, you lie....I really expected more from you GT....your riding bud just emailed me
> the next sequence shot of you from your above pic http://www.pbase.com/image/8365550 . I really
> thought you were a better rider than that <heavy sigh>

Goddemmit. Who sent you that? I'll kill 'em! Mustabeen that tutu wearing longhaired freak
from Colorado.

Greg