Whats your poison

Simon

Guest
It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
ride......bike wise.

mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg

Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name and
I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.

Simon

***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
Tau-Designs.co.uk

Simon wrote:
> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
> ride......bike wise.
>
> mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
>
> Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
> and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.

http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html

A mountain bike. Meant to be ridden up and down mountains. Not over stairs and curbs and little
man-made bumps in a field. This is, after all, alt.MOUNTAIN-bike, not alt.adult.bmx nor alt.bmx nor
rec.motorcycles-without-engines.dirt.

Cheerio, Greg

--
"Loose the Mekons, came the cheer"

Simon wrote:
> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
> ride......bike wise.
>
> mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
>
> Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
> and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
>
> Simon

The Quiver.

http://www.anthonysloan.com/Fleet.html

The Surly 1x1 no longer counts...

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:13:25 -0000, Simon wrote:
> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
> ride......bike wise.

I don't really ride a bike. I just hang around here and pretend, cause you guys are so cool.

http://bdbauer.tripod.com/bikes/

Ouzo!

Oh wait...you meant my biiiike.

My bike, "the Studebaker", is a very old and gravely ill Specialized. I am currently looking for a
lighter replacement.

gabrielle, "keepin' it rigid!" ;)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:13:25 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
>ride......bike wise.

Bianchi D.I.S.S

:-]

The one that matters: http://www.geocities.com/glaprade/SS/

--
Gman

http://www.pbase.com/david_101/

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
wondering
> what each of you ride......bike wise.
>
> mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
>
> Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
> and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
>
> Simon

> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
> or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
wondering
> what each of you ride......bike wise.
>
> mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
>
> Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
> and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
>
> Simon

The old: http://www.pbase.com/image/8331450 Pretty much hammered this one. Made a few very minor
changes like tires, flipping stems upside down, adding clipless pedals etc, etc but it got me
started and I've pretty well put the money into the new rather than make a lot of upgrades.

The new: http://www.pbase.com/image/8331460 So new that I'm still trying to break stuff on it.

Westie

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
wondering
> what each of you ride......bike wise.

This used to be a mountain bike group, but lately it's turned into an ADULT BMX Group (read;
Singlespeeds) I'm just glad there are a wealth of sites about mountain biking...this ones dying
(albeit, slowly)

Dave

http://www.anthonysloan.com/cx11.jpg

http://www.anthonysloan.com/cx13.jpg

http://www.anthonysloan.com/nrscring.jpg

http://www.anthonysloan.com/phantomtank.jpg

http://www.anthonysloan.com/xlm3.jpg

Anthony Sloan wrote:

> Simon wrote:
>
>> It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was wondering what each of you
>> ride......bike wise.
>>
>> mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
>>
>> Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email it to me with your name
>> and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
>>
>> Simon
>>

> The Quiver.
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/Fleet.html
>
> The Surly 1x1 no longer counts...

Anthony, I've always wondered whats with the extra cog in the surly's drivetrain, between the
rear cog and the crankset... I kinda see how it would keep tension, but wouldn't it end up
causing more problems?

Jon "Commander" Bond

> Simon wrote:
> > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
wondering
> > what each of you ride......bike wise.
> >
> > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
> >
> > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email
it
> > to me with your name and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
>
> http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html
>
> A mountain bike. Meant to be ridden up and down mountains. Not over stairs and curbs and little
> man-made bumps in a field. This is, after
all,
> alt.MOUNTAIN-bike, not alt.adult.bmx nor alt.bmx nor rec.motorcycles-without-engines.dirt.
>
> Cheerio, Greg

http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/the_bike.htm

a mountain bike, in its natural environment, not propped against a bench in a park....

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/shaun.htm
>
> There's not much the bike can't be set up to do - shame the same can't be said for me.

And here's mine: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bikes.html

Like Shaun's mine's changed massively since that photo. The Azonic World Force risers have gone to
be replaced by a Ritchey WCS flat bar and bar ends (they're back in fashion - no, honestly). The
classic '95 DH Judy's have given way to a pair of 'zocchi MXR forks, the USE seat post snapped, so
that's been replaced by an X-Lite Click-on and the seat is now a Flite Trans Am Max. Oh, and it's
been upgraded to spiffy 8 speed. Also fortunately, I've moved away from the horrible kitchen and
furniture :)

Also have a Standard STA bmx, but I've not got pictures of that up yet.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

> Simon wrote:
> > It feels like theres a broad range of mountain bikers here so was
wondering
> > what each of you ride......bike wise.
> >
> > mines here: www.tau-designs.co.uk/mybike.jpg
> >
> > Oh if people have no web space and would like a pic uploaded just email
it
> > to me with your name and I will do it for you and send the link back by reply.
>
> http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html
>
> A mountain bike. Meant to be ridden up and down mountains. Not over stairs and curbs and little
> man-made bumps in a field. This is, after
all,
> alt.MOUNTAIN-bike, not alt.adult.bmx nor alt.bmx nor rec.motorcycles-without-engines.dirt.
>
> Cheerio, Greg
>
> --
> "Loose the Mekons, came the cheer"

nor alt.Singlespeeds.are.mountain.bikes.too

I love the drops. You have latent roadie tendencies don't you? (j/k, G.T, your the greatest!)

Dave