Whats your Top speed?

wishes

Oct 21, 2006
Ive managed 70km p/h on a downhill on my old bike (havnt tried with the newer one yet)
I was torn between thinking 'Wooo This is the life!' and 'Holy **** if anything fails im dead meat' and of course 'did i tighten up the wheels earlier properly?'

So whats your top speed?

my top speed was just over 100 k/hr or 60 mph going down hill on a road bike. my top sprint in the flats with a lead out is 39 mph and 36 with out a lead out. sprinting is not one of my strongest points, but i manage. i love speed but hate crashing. i've crashed a few times in sprints and it sucks- one time 300 meters from the finish all by myself. it was raining and i hit a slick spot with no one around. it was the state championships and i would have won, but instead i got a really embarassing crash... ce la vie, that's racing :)

Ouch! crashing at anything more than 30km p/h is gonna hurt. Heck i broke a rib going at 15 by going over the handlebars :/

topped out at 88-89 km/h, pedaling a 53/12 downhill. there's a lot steeper hills where i ride, but nothing that i'd feel safe cannonballing down. speaking of the "oh **** did I tighten everything up" comment...there's a guy in my fraternity that's taken about 6 months off because he didn't get the front wheel tightened down enough...was going downhill about 30 miles an hour, hit a chuckhole, and the front wheel dropped out of the fork...needless to say an endo ensued.

I just noticed i posted this under track racing by accident, was meant to be under road racing :/

Sorry.