What's your Ultimate Cycling Dream Prize?

bikefan

Nov 16, 2009
I’m a cycling fan who works in the marketing industry. Fortunately I get to work on a cycling sweepstakes for a TDF-sponsor client. In the past we have given away some pretty cool prizes—trips to TDF and other major tours, high-end Felt and Trek bikes, fantasy trips to meet Lance, etc. I’m trying to figure out what other cycling fans would want as your ultimate cycling dream prize. Any ideas?

bikefan said:
I’m a cycling fan who works in the marketing industry. Fortunately I get to work on a cycling sweepstakes for a TDF-sponsor client. In the past we have given away some pretty cool prizes—trips to TDF and other major tours, high-end Felt and Trek bikes, fantasy trips to meet Lance, etc. I’m trying to figure out what other cycling fans would want as your ultimate cycling dream prize. Any ideas?

A trip to and an entry for L'Etappe du Tour. Ideally, there'd be 2 tickets and entries one for the winner and one for a friend. A supported cycling tour in France would work, too.

Felt bikes? nice... My prize would be to go to Tour de France and meet LA. My cousin lives in France so that would be convenient.

Ahhh....I'd have to say the chance of a lifetime to ride in Lance's sweet spot!!!

:rolleyes:

velo.mouse

My idea would be nice quality bikes for two, and a trip to a bicycling destination to use them. I would have a selection of brands and models of bikes available, and several destinations that the winner could pick from. Also, the trip would be scheduled a month or more after delivery of the bikes so that minor fit issues could be identified and remedied. You could also include some of the more common accessories with the bikes of course.

I'd like to win Sean Kelly's legs and the services of a willing surgeon who would then transplant them with mine.

bikefan said:
I’m trying to figure out what other cycling fans would want as your ultimate cycling dream prize. Any ideas?

A Silca frame pump, an Alessandro training tubular, and a tube of Tubasti.