Wheaton to Lake Geneva Ride - Sun 8/31

CycleSteve

Aug 21, 2003
Am riding from Wheaton, Illinois, to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin on Sunday August 31. Starting about 8am. Is about 70+ miles. I'll average about 18+ mph. You'll need to find your own place to stay up there, ride back, or get your own ride back.

Originally posted by CycleSteve
Am riding from Wheaton, Illinois, to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin on Sunday August 31. Starting about 8am. Is about 70+ miles. I'll average about 18+ mph. You'll need to find your own place to stay up there, ride back, or get your own ride back.

What is your route?

Larry,
From Wheaton I go northwest thru South Elgin, then continue on northwest to just past Randall Rd, then run north to Crystal Lake. From there I go northwest / north to just east of Woodstock where I pick up North Queen Anne Rd, which runs about 12 miles due north to a mile or so east of Hebron. Then I jog northwest to and around the west end of Lake Geneva to Williams Bay, where I'm staying. I can be more specific if you want to meet up somewhere.

Hope the ride was good. Weather turned miserable. I keep threatening to ride to lake Geneva. Next time perhaps.

Managed to just beat the rain by an hour or so. Nice ride with a light tailwind - was able to average 18.9 for the 79 miles. Probably won't do it again until next summer.