whee!

Monique Y. Herm

Guest
Did Rabbit Mountain today ... my new pedals definitely allowed me to focus on just plain riding,
rather than worrying about what my feet were doing. Fewer dabs and fewer breaks; I had more energy
after riding the top loop twice than I had after doing the loop *once* the last time I did it. (Fear
burns energy, I'm sure.) I managed to get all the way up an annoying sand climb that I gave up on
last time ... and I even managed to complete a section that the more experienced riders in the party
got stuck on! (Granted, that's because they warned me as I approached to hug the right; the left
only *looked* easier.)

Okay, I do have some amazingly torn up calves as I write this -- the pedals are just as happy
digging into my leg as into my shoes. But I think (hope?) I'll learn not to whack myself with them
in time ... and the cuts don't interfere with my ability to keep riding, which is all I'm really
worried about.

Doh, gonna be late for my ice hockey game, better jet!

--
monique

My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

A rider who also likes (and plays!) hockey! Your Eric is a lucky guy. :) Good RR...

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did Rabbit Mountain today ... my new pedals definitely allowed me to focus on just plain riding,
> rather than worrying about what my feet were doing. Fewer dabs and fewer breaks; I had more energy
> after riding the top loop twice than I had after doing the loop *once* the last time I did it.
> (Fear burns energy, I'm sure.) I managed to get all the way up an annoying sand climb that I gave
> up on last time ... and I even managed to complete a section that the more experienced riders in
> the party got stuck on! (Granted, that's because they warned me as I approached to hug the right;
> the left only *looked* easier.)
>
> Okay, I do have some amazingly torn up calves as I write this -- the pedals are just as happy
> digging into my leg as into my shoes. But I think (hope?) I'll learn not to whack myself with them
> in time ... and the cuts don't interfere with my ability to keep riding, which is all I'm really
> worried about.
>
> Doh, gonna be late for my ice hockey game, better jet!
>
> --
> monique
>
> My pointless ramblings: http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:02:16 -0400, Zilla <[email protected]> penned:
> A rider who also likes (and plays!) hockey! Your Eric is a lucky guy. :) Good RR...

Thank you =)

Truth be told, he got me into hockey at the beginning of this year. Now I'm playing on two leagues,
and was playing a lot of pickup games when my work schedule allowed it. Unfortunately, both of my
leagues play on weekends, which is a pain, since I usually only bike on the weekends. So I end up
doing two rides and two games a weekend, and then almost nothing during the week, which I'll bet is
*not* what the experts mean when they talk about consistency in training.

I do mean to do my TKD forms and some weight training during the week, but, well, I'm lazy.

Eric points out that, in the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I don't actually
like watching hockey (or any sport, usually) -- but I do like playing it. I may like watching it
better, now that I've been playing for a while and have some idea what's going on. Guess I'll find
out at the Sharks/Avs game in a few weeks ...