wheel covers and Powertap

AndROOb

Nov 20, 2004
I could have posted this on the equiptment forum, but I am more interested to hear back from anyone using wheel covers and a Powertap hub wheel.
I cant find anywhere in the UK that sells wheel covers, not to the extent that wheelbuilder.com do where they trim to specific wheel/hub variations.
Any feedback on these covers much appreciated.

AndROOb said:
I could have posted this on the equiptment forum, but I am more interested to hear back from anyone using wheel covers and a Powertap hub wheel.
I cant find anywhere in the UK that sells wheel covers, not to the extent that wheelbuilder.com do where they trim to specific wheel/hub variations.
I used the trimmed covers from Wheelbuilder and I thought they worked just fine... I did use electrical tape extensively...

This year, though, I have a Hed Deep built up with a PT... This setup should work fine. I am definitely not scorching the course... :D

AndROOb said:

I got some from Wheelbuilder last Thursday and put them on my Open pro powertap wheel. I'll be testing them tomorrow in the NRHR. I'll let you know how I get on.

bigbevans said:
I got some from Wheelbuilder last Thursday and put them on my Open pro powertap wheel. I'll be testing them tomorrow in the NRHR. I'll let you know how I get on.

I just ordered some myself for my DT Swiss. How long did it take to get them?

bikefuego said:
I just ordered some myself for my DT Swiss. How long did it take to get them?

I ordered them Monday afternoon and they arrived Thursday morning. I am in the UK.

I used them today for the first time. They were fine, just don't make the rumble of a disc.

bigbevans said:
I ordered them Monday afternoon and they arrived Thursday morning. I am in the UK.

I used them today for the first time. They were fine, just don't make the rumble of a disc.
That's a quick turn-around. I'm in the UK too, what was the total cost with postage?