Wheel Facelift

53x14

May 7, 2002
I have a few sets of wheels (singles) which I haven't used for years now. If someone can help me on what the best and quickest way to remove all the dried glue on the rims. I intend to sell them all and wants them to look clean and neat. I will also appreciate if someone could tell me how to give the hubs the shiny look back

Thanks
Christian

53x14 said:
I have a few sets of wheels (singles) which I haven't used for years now. If someone can help me on what the best and quickest way to remove all the dried glue on the rims. I intend to sell them all and wants them to look clean and neat. I will also appreciate if someone could tell me how to give the hubs the shiny look back
I don't know if this is the quickest way, but if the glue is actually old-and-dried, then you can simply scrape it off the rim using a PLASTIC PICNIC spoon or knife. After most of the glue has been removed, wipe the rim's gluing surface off with PAINT THINNER.

As far as the hubs go, you'll need to unlace them and use a buffing wheel & ROUGE.

53x14 said:

Thanks
Christian
Turpentine