Wheel recommendations for rough

BarSteward

Jan 11, 2004
Hey fellow cyclists! Im in the market for some new wheels that can handle rough terrain and was hoping to get some recommendations. Ive been training for 10-mile time trials since last November and have had issues with wheels in the past, but Ive always managed to repair or replace them as needed. Im pretty knowledgeable about bike technology and maintenance, but I want to make sure Im making the best decision for my needs.

Ive been looking at some carbon wheels, but Ive heard mixed reviews about their durability on rough terrain. On the other hand, Ive heard great things about some of the higher-end aluminum wheels, but they tend to be a bit heavier. Im willing to pay for quality, but I also want to make sure Im not sacrificing performance for durability or vice versa.

So, what are your thoughts on wheel recommendations for rough terrain? Do you have any personal experiences with certain brands or materials that youd be willing to share? Im open to all suggestions and would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks in advance for your help! Lets get this debate started!