Wheel reflectors

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:32:23 +1000, aeek
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Shane Stanley Wrote:
>> 2.14.2.1 above because a rider making a right hand turn from a centre
>> position on a road (median line) is required under road traffic
>> regulations to give a hand signal, which means having one hand off the
>> h/bar. If the left hand brake lever operated the front brake there is
>> an
>> increased risk of locking the front wheel and spilling the rider (who
>> is
>>

>so logical and yet so dumb! My rear brake balances the front but is
>never going to stop me. So I signal right as I approach the
>intersection and stop signalling so I can consider braking when I get
>close (and visable to cross traffic in a builtup area).

Which should be fine, as you ARE supposed to signal your intention to
turn (ie: before the turn) rather than during the actual turn itself.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

Peter Cremasco said:
Which should be fine, as you ARE supposed to signal your intention to
turn (ie: before the turn) rather than during the actual turn itself.

I need to stop signalling before I can be seen from the cross street in a built up area.
The fact that I'm just to the left of the centreline still ought to be an indication.
I find my signalling right is directed more to the vehicles behind me.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:54:57 +0800, Davidm wrote:

> So, what do you guys use on road bikes? The "standard" reflectors mine
> came with are much like you see on every bike from kmart upwards, but is
> this the best way to do it? Seems quite heavy, unbalanced, and not really
> attractive...

I've got glow-in-the-dark spokey-dokeys(sp?) on my commuter.
yes really.

$2 a box at go-lo, makes kmart reflectors look sexy :)

-kt