Wheel Set: Spinergy Xaero Lite

Scott Ghiz

Guest
Anyone have good or bad experiences with these? I'm a
recreational rider and don't plan to race. I basically got a
deal I couldn't refuse and purchased them. I also got a set
of replacement spokes. I've ridden almost 1000 miles on the
with problems yet... keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks.

SG

"Scott Ghiz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have good or bad experiences with these? I'm a
> recreational rider and don't plan to race. I basically got
> a deal I couldn't refuse and purchased them. I also got a
> set of replacement spokes. I've ridden almost 1000 miles
> on the with problems yet... keeping fingers crossed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> SG

I have a set of these that I got because we had an older set
of carbon spinergys that had to be sent back. In a word,
spinergy sucks. The xaero lites have a weird dust seal in
the rear hub that sometimes binds up, preventing the rear
hub from freewheeling. Before you have this problem as I did
(with scary results), you may want to remove the seal
(Spinergy's recommendation to my LBS...they actually told
the LBS to do it or I wouldn't get my wheel back for WEEKS).
Spinergy's customer service sucks even worse. They actually
LOST one of my husband's wheels a few years ago and it took
forever to get a replacement, their turn around time for
warranty is abysmal, and they are completely unresponsive to
emails. My wheels shipped with 2 different skewers and I was
completely unable to get anyone to respond to my request
that I get two matching ones (this type of **** just burns
me up). I have put about 5000 miles on them since the little
seal problem with no other problems surfacing (thank
goodness). Also, note that if they need truing, you have to
remove tire/tube and rim strip (p*i*t*a), and use a nut
driver from the inside of the rim. Not too handy if anything
should happen on the road. For that reason, I do not use
them on trips. I had Vecchio's build me a lovely set of
Record hubs/Ambrosio rims, and a great lacing pattern. I
will probably just burn up this set of Spinergys in training
and never buy another.

Cat who hates to be the bearer of bad news ;<

Cat-

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the late thank you.
I've been out. I'll probably follow the same dictum, "use'em
up, throw them out". Thanks again.

SG

[email protected]>...