Wheel Sizes

swcycling

May 28, 2004
I got a new bike at a garage sale that ive been fixing up and I want to get some new tubes and tires but i dont know what size to get, how can i measure this?

swcycling said:
I got a new bike at a garage sale that ive been fixing up and I want to get some new tubes and tires but i dont know what size to get, how can i measure this?

It should be on the tyre sidewall....failing this, take a wheel to your LBS.

Thanks, I know it should be but they are very worn, and I just wondered if there was a way to measure it.

swcycling said:
Thanks, I know it should be but they are very worn, and I just wondered if there was a way to measure it.

Is it a defninte racing bike? How new?

Should be 700c

swcycling said:
Look on the rims.If they aren't marked,take a rim to LBS.

Its a Schwinn Worldsport, i guess my question is: Is it possible for me to measure the wheel myself?

swcycling said:
Its a Schwinn Worldsport, i guess my question is: Is it possible for me to measure the wheel myself?

that's 27". You can measure the diameter with a normal tape measure.

So if the tires on my other bike are 700 x 20 - 28c, what are these? What do the numbers mean? If i know the diameter, which number is it?

ed073 said:
Take a pill mate....how many 650c road bikes have you seen??
I've never seen the Golden Gate Bridge,but have no doubt it exists.That's why I don't guess.... mate.

boudreaux said:
I've never seen the Golden Gate Bridge,but have no doubt it exists.That's why I don't guess.... mate.

Good point. This is life or death stuff.