wheel sticker/decal removal

blkhotrod

Oct 20, 2005
anyone have any experience getting the blackwell research decals off their wheels? or should i just put on another decal that says "sucks" thanks

Don't know about Blackwell. Last summer I bought a used pair of FSA carbon wheels and thought the stickers were ugly. They came off real easy only to reveal an even uglier wheel. So I bought some Zipp 404 decals and now I have a pair of Zipps. I wonder how many people will notice, and how many people will have the nerve to tell me they noticed.

blkhotrod said:
anyone have any experience getting the blackwell research decals off their wheels? or should i just put on another decal that says "sucks" thanks
anybody with a removal solution out there? thanks

Try heating the decals with a blowdryer then peel them off. A bit time-consuming, but worked like a charm for me.

velobat said:
Try heating the decals with a blowdryer then peel them off. A bit time-consuming, but worked like a charm for me.
tried this also. got it hot enough you couldn't touch it and it still didn't touch them. they must under a clear coat finish or something :mad: