Wheel upgrade for my road bike!

redbeach6506

Jul 14, 2005
Hi,
I like to upgrade wheels on my bike(steel bianchi). What kind of wheel set would you recommend to enhance perfomance(reduce weight)?
How much will it cost?
Also, do anyone know how much a bianchi eros(2005) weigh? Their web site don't have information.
thanks

redbeach6506 said:
Hi,
I like to upgrade wheels on my bike(steel bianchi). What kind of wheel set would you recommend to enhance perfomance(reduce weight)?
How much will it cost?
Also, do anyone know how much a bianchi eros(2005) weigh? Their web site don't have information.
thanks
How much do you weigh? How much do you want to spend? This will help determine an appropriate wheelset?

Also, as an FYI, the main performance enhancing a wheelset does is NOT by decreasing weight but by decreasing aerodynamics. So don't pay as much attention to the weight as you do to the aerodynamics which is a combination of rim depth as well as number of spokes. Hence why I am asking your weight, as I would not want to recommend a 16 spoke wheelset to somebody who is 220 pounds :)

I have a set of Campy Eurus wheels on my steel road bike and they are awesome wheels. Stiff, light and after two seasons of riding they are perfectly true. They are tough and very aerodynamic as well. The G3 spoke configuration makes for a durable wheel.

I have Rolf Prima Elan Aero hweels on my Orca which are 1300 grams, super light but maybe not quite as tough as the Eurus wheels.