wheel upgrade

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by jim, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. jim

    jim Guest

    looking for advice on upgrade from kyserium sl to... ?

    I'm 80kg

    Doing 250 - 300 km per week

    Dedicated but plodding hill climber

    Need to balance weight-weenie-ness with durability

    Clicher prefered

    Currently riding all pizza fittings

    Cheers

    Tags:

  2. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    jim wrote:
    > looking for advice on upgrade from kyserium sl to... ?
    >
    > I'm 80kg
    >
    > Doing 250 - 300 km per week
    >
    > Dedicated but plodding hill climber
    >
    > Need to balance weight-weenie-ness with durability
    >
    > Clicher prefered
    >
    > Currently riding all pizza fittings

    Hand-built, DT Swiss hubs with Mavic Open Pro rims.

    Machine built : Look at the Easton Circuit or Easton Orion II's

    That'd be my suggestion.

    > Cheers

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    We have sold lots of the Neuvation R28 Aero here in Oz & NZ over the past 4
    months. They perform well plus the 5mm blade spokes & mirror silver finish
    look nice too & at $399 are great value considering they share component
    suppliers with Mavic.
    We also like the way the spokes are supported where they cross each other
    'like they used to be' creating a strong wheel back & front with very
    little lateral flex . Fitting rimtapes & supplying spare spokes is a nice
    finishing touch too.

    The company's site has more info: http://neuvationcycling.com/

    & before anybody asks the models imported here are:

    R28Aero Shimano clincher
    R28SL Shimano clincher

    R28Aero Campy clincher
    R28SL Campy clincher

    The only negative feedback we have had so far is :

    I want black .
    Haven't you heard silver is the new black!

    There are no $2000 full page colour ads in the latest cycling magazine & Tom
    Boonen doesn't use them.
    That's why these $799 wheels are $399. So you will have to let the actual
    wheels do the talking rather than the decals!

    Steve
    www.idealcycles.com

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    dare i say, sounds too good to be true?

    Then again he DOES deliver to 'Vatican City' !!! :eek:
    so obviously has papal blessing...